Apple app services are currently faulty?

I

iMore Question

Are other people experiencing issues with Apple services on their devices, iPad and iPhone? On both my 6 and Air 2, running 8.4.1, I've been experiencing problems downloading podcasts, the app just freezes, can't access iTunes store, the app doesn't load, problems downloading Apps I've previously downloaded that are in the cloud, and similar. In the settings menu, I've had problems accessing the section to change my passcode, and also the section where you can logout of iTunes. Just wouldn't open. Also Apple Music is not streaming, the phone shows the music is playing, but I have no sound. Rebooting the phone resolves the issue for a period of time, only for them to come back not long after. I've deleted and reset my phone and iPad, a real pain in the a$$ to do that, and still having problems.

I was just wondering if anyone here as experienced this in the last few days, and if so, what did you do to resolve the problem? Today things seem to be better but Apple Music is still bugging out on me and Podcasts has frozen once.

Many thanks.