Am I able to backup my text message and BBM messages with iCloud?
    08-23-2015 06:43 PM
  2. Just_Me_D said: Best Answer

Heres what iCloud backs up:

Purchase history for music, movies, TV shows, apps, and books

Your iCloud backup includes information about the content you have purchased, but not the purchased content itself. When you restore from an iCloud backup, your purchased content is automatically downloaded from the iTunes Store, App Store, or iBooks Store. Some types of content arent downloaded automatically in all countries, and previous purchases may be unavailable if they have been refunded or are no longer available in the store. For more information, see the Apple Support article iTunes in the Cloud, iTunes Match, and iTunes Radio availability. Some types of content arent available in all countries. For more information, see the Apple Support article What can I buy from the iTunes Store in my country?.

Photos and videos on your iOS devices, unless you turn on iCloud Photo Library on your iOS device (iOS 8.1 or later). If you turn on iCloud Photo Library, your photos and videos are already stored in iCloud, so they arent included in your iCloud backup.

Device settings

App data

Home screen and app organization

iMessage, text (SMS), and MMS messages

Ringtones

Visual Voicemail

Health data

HomeKit configuration

Your iOS device backup only includes data and settings stored on your device. It doesnt include data already stored in iCloud, for example, contacts, calendars, bookmarks, mail messages, notes, shared photo albums, iCloud Photo Library, My Photo Stream, and documents you save in iCloud using iOS apps, Mac apps, and apps on iCloud.com. If your iOS device isnt set up for iCloud Drive, but is set up for iCloud Documents & Data, your documents stored in iCloud are backed up.

Last Modified: Jun 11, 2015

Source: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH12519...S&locale=en_US
    Heres what iCloud backs up:

Purchase history for music, movies, TV shows, apps, and books

Your iCloud backup includes information about the content you have purchased, but not the purchased content itself. When you restore from an iCloud backup, your purchased content is automatically downloaded from the iTunes Store, App Store, or iBooks Store. Some types of content arent downloaded automatically in all countries, and previous purchases may be unavailable if they have been refunded or are no longer available in the store. For more information, see the Apple Support article iTunes in the Cloud, iTunes Match, and iTunes Radio availability. Some types of content arent available in all countries. For more information, see the Apple Support article What can I buy from the iTunes Store in my country?.

Photos and videos on your iOS devices, unless you turn on iCloud Photo Library on your iOS device (iOS 8.1 or later). If you turn on iCloud Photo Library, your photos and videos are already stored in iCloud, so they arent included in your iCloud backup.

Device settings

App data

Home screen and app organization

iMessage, text (SMS), and MMS messages

Ringtones

Visual Voicemail

Health data

HomeKit configuration

Your iOS device backup only includes data and settings stored on your device. It doesnt include data already stored in iCloud, for example, contacts, calendars, bookmarks, mail messages, notes, shared photo albums, iCloud Photo Library, My Photo Stream, and documents you save in iCloud using iOS apps, Mac apps, and apps on iCloud.com. If your iOS device isnt set up for iCloud Drive, but is set up for iCloud Documents & Data, your documents stored in iCloud are backed up.

Last Modified: Jun 11, 2015

Source: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH12519...S&locale=en_US
    bamf-hacker likes this.
    08-23-2015 07:21 PM