I am a senior. Which i phone would be the easiest to use?

I

iMore Question

I am interested in buying an i phone. I do not want to be frustrated by too many complicated things.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
I'd suggest visiting your local carrier and try both devices (and others - Android, BlackBerry, etc.) and see which you'd like to buy. If you're not happy within 14 days, exchange it...

JOSH_WH1TE

Jun 7, 2014
Visit site
If there's a local Apple Store near you then you should visit it, a store member should help you figure out what iPhone is best for you.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
iPhones for the most part all run on the same operating system and so in turn are all the same regarding ease of use. I would go to a carrier store and see which one feels most comfortable in your hand.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
In you post you stated that you was interested in a iPhone and a device that's easy to use, well the iPhone and it's Operating System (iOS) is one of the easiest to learn. I also have two suggestions, 1). Go to a carrier or Apple store and see which device fits your needs and wants. 2). Buy a Apple iPhone with a LARGE screen....SMILE

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I am interested in buying an i phone. I do not want to be frustrated by too many complicated things.

iOS is not known to be a complicated operating system, however, if you're used to a Blackberry, Windows or an Android smartphone then yes, there will be a small learning curve which you should be able to grasp quickly. As for which iPhone to purchase, well, if you have small hands or accustomed to one-handed use then you should consider getting an iPhone 5S or even the iPhone 6 and probable 6S which is slightly large if you have bad eyes or prefer a larger device, consider the iPhone 6 Plus or probable 6S Plus.

anon(39328)

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
I recently moved my 72 year old mother to my phone plan. I bought her an iPhone 6, which she has quickly become a pro at using. Her previous phone was a prepaid Moto G android phone. She liked the Moto G, but it was sometimes confusing for her. I get more texts from her now telling me the latest trouble her dog and cat have gotten themselves into, versus the "how do i?" text messages I used to get.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Have the clerk put the phone's display into Zoomed mode. It is what I use to help my older eyes see the screen more easily.

It's not a text size setting. Text size settings can be ignored by many apps. Zoomed mode is for the whole phone at all times in every app.

Zoomed mode makes the whole screen zoomed at all times and really helps make it easy to see. The availability of zoomed mode is one of many reasons to get an iphone. See examples below.

Try the iphone 5s, 6 and 6+ in zoomed mode. Find which one is easiest to see and hold for you. I am guessing the 6+ in zoomed mode will be the best. For some the 6 is a good balance between size to hold and see.

Cheers.

Example zoomed:

f543a4dd4546111a45125fffbc0caf13.jpg

Not zoomed:

4c53ac8c4568c53aa827e218f5c75200.jpg

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
6S Plus is due out in a few weeks and given the likelihood that it will be the same price as the 6 Plus I would highly recommend waiting a few weeks so you get the absolute latest and greatest Apple has to offer. In addition I would suggest hitting up the Apple store if you have one local to you instead of a carrier store, you will get a bit more help in understanding the benefits and limitations. Plus you may find an iPad does what you want better than an iPhone since you didn't mention the key reasons for a phone.

Plus if you are planning on using any of the carrier payment plans you (they are all going that way now) you can do that at the Apple store without any issue and I would suggest AppleCare+ over carrier insurance so you get the extra support should you need it.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR