Would you rather take the new iPhone 6s+ or the Samsung Galaxy s6+?
    08-23-2015 08:30 AM
    Me personally, an iPhone 6s Plus. For the record, because this is a Apple orientated site, your probably going to get mostly iPhone 6s Plus answers.
    08-23-2015 08:46 AM
    Dude, that's a no-brainier for 'me'........I'd take the iPhone, but not because it's an Apple product or because I'm some sort of blind Apple lemming, but because after trying numerous devices over the years, I've come to the conclusion that the iPhone is the best device for 'me'. Period.
    08-23-2015 09:08 AM
    iPhone for me I love the way it seamlessly integrates with my Macs & iPads. I use a Galaxy as a second device but it just doesn't work as a primary. Who knows what the future holds but right now iPhone is the device for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    08-23-2015 09:48 AM
    Is this another "Tastes great" fan coming to a "Less filling" oriented forum to extol the virtues of their preference??

Shorter: Oh no, not again...
    08-23-2015 10:15 AM
    Used to like both but Samsung folded and now is pretty much physically an iPhone.

So I'll take the iPhone.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk Pro.
    08-23-2015 10:26 AM
    Samsung will work well and be a ton of fun until that next software update. Then it will become a calling and texting brick, at best. I'll stay with iPhone.
    08-23-2015 10:47 AM
    Would you rather take the new iPhone 6s+ or the Samsung Galaxy s6+?
    Asking a question like that on an iPhone-centric forum will tend to get you iPhone-centric answers.

But for my money, iPhone 6S Plus.
    08-23-2015 10:51 AM
     for sure.. I am an android-hater.. Just for the kick of it, without any objective reasons.
    Spencerdl and TwitchyPuppy like this.
    08-23-2015 03:14 PM
     for sure.. I am an android-hater.. Just for the kick of it, without any objective reasons.
    I'm not an android hater, per se, but I have been called one before around here. I just prefer the security of Apple's closed system, and their phone design.

Sent from my mobile device via Tapatalk 3.2.1.
    08-23-2015 03:43 PM
    IPhone for me.
    Spencerdl and nikkisharif like this.
    08-23-2015 03:45 PM
    6s+
    MasterDarque and Spencerdl like this.
    08-23-2015 04:26 PM
    As an Android user (who will be moving to an iPhone 6s Plus), I would never get a Samsung. Gross. The only current Android phone I would get is the new Moto X--and I'm still thinking of getting one just to play with since it's relatively inexpensive. I'd consider getting a Nexus, too, but the new ones have yet to be announced.
    Mr.Willie and nikkisharif like this.
    08-23-2015 07:34 PM
    Why isn't BlackBerry a choice? Like the pending Slider or the Passport?
    08-23-2015 08:03 PM
    Because the TS didn't add it as a choice.
    Here is one for you, why don't you ask why Windows Phone is not an option?
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    08-23-2015 08:05 PM
    It was a slight attempt at humour. If I had to choose, based on choices on offer, it would be an iPhone.
    Tartarus likes this.
    08-23-2015 08:09 PM
    Well, my question was also your answer. Because blackberry isn't worth knowing about these days. They are insignificant in smartphoneworld .
    And it looks like Samsung is hitting that road as well, as even if my brother starts to dislike Samsung slowly.
    08-23-2015 08:12 PM
    Well, my question was also your answer. Because blackberry isn't worth knowing about these days. They are insignificant in smartphoneworld .
    And it looks like Samsung is hitting that road as well, as even if my brother starts to dislike Samsung slowly.
    I don't think so. As long as there are people who measure a phone's worth based solely on its spec sheet, Samsung will have fans.
    Tartarus and TwitchyPuppy like this.
    08-23-2015 08:38 PM
    True, but at least  users and fanatics know that overall feeling of a phone and its software is what truly counts.
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    08-23-2015 08:40 PM
    True, but at least  users and fanatics know that overall feeling of a phone and its software is what truly counts.
    Not just Apple people. The people like me who used the original Moto X know that experience trumps specs. So many people dogged the Moto X for having what they felt were lower specs, but it was an incredible phone. That phone changed a lot of people's thinking. I'll be pretty sad to move on from my Moto X, but I'm interested in finally finding out what iOS has to offer.
    Tartarus and nikkisharif like this.
    08-23-2015 09:11 PM
    Choosing which phone is best is open to user interpretation. Apple 6S Plus will offer some enhancements over last years first phablet from Apple but honestly from a phablet standpoint Samsung does it much better. They offer S Pen and suite of apps meant to actually use the extra screen size, the latest iteration has a much better feel while holding it and of course they push the specs to the max on every product. I am disappointed that they are "considering" as the rumors say about a 128GB version which honestly they should have had it at launch since there is no expandable memory as most Android users are accustomed to. So if you want phablet its really Samsung.

Having said that, and having had Note 2, 3 and 4 in the past and having had the 6 Plus I personally will be getting the 6S Plus for several reasons which are based on my needs and not a technical leap that Apple is making (since it really isn't). First I use a ton of Apple gear and so does my wife, iPad's MBP, ATV3 iPhones (work and personal), etc, etc. so the Apple integration part makes sense (except when it doesn't).

The single biggest differentiator that Apple has over Samsung is the OS updates that they can get out the door without delay or carrier involvement and honestly if Samsung were to follow Motorola's path to pure Android with minor Samsung specific tweaks they would be doing far better and getting far more sales.

So for me I will be getting the iPhone 6 Plus AND either the Nexus by LG or the Motorola X Pure Edition so I can simply swap SIM's as I need.

I get very annoyed with the walled garden ecosystem and repressive actions by Apple but when stuff works it can be advantageous and looked past, except when I can't and then I move back to Android to get used to freedom. This time around I am choosing both and will use both but I am not inclined to spend $950 x 2 when I can spend $950 + 425.
    nikkisharif and TwitchyPuppy like this.
    08-23-2015 09:35 PM
    My answer is anything but Samsung...
    08-23-2015 10:58 PM
    iPhone 6S/plus or LG G4.....
    08-23-2015 11:06 PM
    I'm getting the slider but it's rumored to be released with Android on it.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk!
    08-24-2015 07:25 AM
    Because the TS didn't add it as a choice.
    Here is one for you, why don't you ask why Windows Phone is not an option?
    I have a 640 too. LOL

I just love technology.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk!
    worldspy99 and nikkisharif like this.
    08-24-2015 07:27 AM
82 123 ...