iPhone or Samsung?

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Choosing which phone is best is open to user interpretation. Apple 6S Plus will offer some enhancements over last years first phablet from Apple but honestly from a phablet standpoint Samsung does it much better. They offer S Pen and suite of apps meant to actually use the extra screen size, the latest iteration has a much better feel while holding it and of course they push the specs to the max on every product. I am disappointed that they are "considering" as the rumors say about a 128GB version which honestly they should have had it at launch since there is no expandable memory as most Android users are accustomed to. So if you want phablet its really Samsung.

Having said that, and having had Note 2, 3 and 4 in the past and having had the 6 Plus I personally will be getting the 6S Plus for several reasons which are based on my needs and not a technical leap that Apple is making (since it really isn't). First I use a ton of Apple gear and so does my wife, iPad's MBP, ATV3 iPhones (work and personal), etc, etc. so the Apple integration part makes sense (except when it doesn't).

The single biggest differentiator that Apple has over Samsung is the OS updates that they can get out the door without delay or carrier involvement and honestly if Samsung were to follow Motorola's path to pure Android with minor Samsung specific tweaks they would be doing far better and getting far more sales.

So for me I will be getting the iPhone 6 Plus AND either the Nexus by LG or the Motorola X Pure Edition so I can simply swap SIM's as I need.

I get very annoyed with the walled garden ecosystem and repressive actions by Apple but when stuff works it can be advantageous and looked past, except when I can't and then I move back to Android to get used to freedom. This time around I am choosing both and will use both but I am not inclined to spend $950 x 2 when I can spend $950 + 425.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Would you rather take the new iPhone 6s+ or the Samsung Galaxy s6+?

I love tech and I use several phones. However, the iPhone is my daily driver and my main device. The iPhone is non negotiable.

I would not choose a Samsung Galaxy S6 because there is nothing compelling about it for me, although I would have taken a Note 5 had it retained the removable battery and the SD card. So I'll keep the Note 4 I currently have and hope Samsung returns to a removable battery and SD card slot for the Note 6.

If they don't, I'll have to decide on what Android device to get that would go near what my like about my Note 4. If there is nothing, then the Note 4 will be the end of my Android days.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Why isn't BlackBerry a choice? Like the pending Slider or the Passport?

Why introduce BlackBerry into the discussion when it wasn't offered as one of the choices to begin with?

But to answer your question, this is why BlackBerry isn't a choice for me:

Because given their inability to properly execute, I don't trust that it is a wise use of my 600 bucks. BB10.1 was plagued with problems. It's taken them two years to come up with an OS that resembles maturity.
Their focus, as expressed by their CEO, is enterprise, and my work issues me my work phone.
Because I don't trust the build quality of their devices, as I've had a Z10 that was nothing but a hot mess of bugs, a Q10 with a double typing keyboard and a lackluster camera, and expect the Quasimodo I got from a friend for 150 bucks, to start the double typing any minute, or for the screen to lift.
If I wanted an Android device, and if the Note 6 hasn't got a user replaceable battery or SD slot, I would look at Nexus phones next.
I have lost thousands of dollars in BlackBerry stock and I'm not keen on giving them one more dollar.

But mainly, because when I buy a device I join their communities, and the trolling, harassing, insulting, backstabbing BlackBerry communities who spend their time attacking me, as you know, have turned me off to everything BlackBerry. Therefore, I want no association with any of them, not even through the use of an object. THAT is how much I detest everything BlackBerry. And if they ever do go under, I won't shed a tear.

So that's why BlackBerry is not a choice for me.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
I understand communities and partaking in conversations. I added BlackBerry to simply broaden the choice and to engage in conversation.

There is\was a slight possibility that the original poster wasn't even aware of BlackBerry, or as someone pointed out, Windows as a choice...

Illustrator Joe

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
As an Android user (who will be moving to an iPhone 6s Plus), I would never get a Samsung. Gross. The only current Android phone I would get is the new Moto X--and I'm still thinking of getting one just to play with since it's relatively inexpensive. I'd consider getting a Nexus, too, but the new ones have yet to be announced.

This. I could be 100% happy with any Android Phone moto has released/announced recently. Even the motoG 2015 is a winner.

pantlesspenguin

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
The Note 4 is likely the last Samsung product I'll ever own. For the most part I liked the device, but there were two big deal breakers for me that seem to be problems on most Samsung devices:

1) TouchWiz lag. It was most noticeable when switching between tasks and trying to get to a pic I just took. It got to a point where I stopped using the recent tasks button and just used the home button and selected the app from my home screen because it was faster.

2) Crappy GPS. I couldn't keep a lock while in motion. It made navigation completely unusable for me. Before the Note 4 I had the SGS 3 and the Vibrant. Both of those had pretty bad GPS as well.

I've since gotten an LG G4 and I really like it. The OS is buttery smooth and GPS is on point. It has a 5.5in screen, but the device itself doesn't feel that big. If you're wanting to get an Android device, I'd strongly recommend that one.

That said, I'm most likely going to get the 6s+ for my next phone. I've never had an iPhone, but after using the iPad Air for the past year I'm fairly confident I'd enjoy iOS as my daily driver.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
The Note 4 is likely the last Samsung product I'll ever own. For the most part I liked the device, but there were two big deal breakers for me that seem to be problems on most Samsung devices:

1) TouchWiz lag. It was most noticeable when switching between tasks and trying to get to a pic I just took. It got to a point where I stopped using the recent tasks button and just used the home button and selected the app from my home screen because it was faster.

2) Crappy GPS. I couldn't keep a lock while in motion. It made navigation completely unusable for me. Before the Note 4 I had the SGS 3 and the Vibrant. Both of those had pretty bad GPS as well.

I've since gotten an LG G4 and I really like it. The OS is buttery smooth and GPS is on point. It has a 5.5in screen, but the device itself doesn't feel that big. If you're wanting to get an Android device, I'd strongly recommend that one.

That said, I'm most likely going to get the 6s+ for my next phone. I've never had an iPhone, but after using the iPad Air for the past year I'm fairly confident I'd enjoy iOS as my daily driver.

Hi PantlessPenguin, how have you been. It's been a long time and I'm still going "PANTLESS"....SMILE
I'm currently using the 6 Plus and I LUV it. I'm sure you will be happy with the 6s Plus

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site

I'm seriously starting to think I want the G4. Does it have an SD card slot? How about a removable battery? I do like LG... I'm thinking since me and Samsung divorced, I need a new Android buddy.

Sent from my iPad Mini 3 using Tapatalk.

MasterDarque

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I'm seriously starting to think I want the G4. Does it have an SD card slot? How about a removable battery? I do like LG... I'm thinking since me and Samsung divorced, I need a new Android buddy.

According to LG's G4 web page, the G4 has a 3000 mAh removable battery, and the G4 supports up to a 2 TB microSD card also. Being that the G4 has a removable back, they also had a number of different colored leather backs for purchase on the G4's accessories link page.
http://m.lg.com/us/mobile-phones/g4
Hope this helps you out, ✌️

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

Why would anyone step off of a horse to get on a donkey, Rain?

That's how I think about leaving  for Samsung, anyway

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro