2TB?!? Do they even make those? Woah. Yeah this phone is definitely on my radar. I would just need to make sure it connected automatically to my car... once that's been settled, I'll be all in.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk Pro.
    Yeah, I'm not so sure about those size cards being available yet (or any time soon), but that's what the stated upper limit for them were on the G4 product page...
    08-26-2015 11:52 AM
    My Note 3 won't last forever. I need to also find a device with more storage, with hearing a G4 has up to 2TB for SD cards, I'm pretty amazed. I'll probably hold onto my Note 3 a little while longer and first upgrade my iPhone 6 to the newer iPhone. Then I'll probably deal hunt for the G4, bet there will be some sort of incentive as they'll be trying to sell them in competition with the new iPhone....

On the G4 product page as you scroll down to where some of it's highlighted features are there's a picture of a 128 Gb card along with text stating that the G4 can accept up to/use a 2 Tb card (whenever those should come to be). Personally, I'm not expecting to see such capacities for storage cards come to pass anytime soon, however, the G4 will be ready for them when they do apparently...
    08-26-2015 12:00 PM
    Apparently 2TB cards already exist, or they couldn't possibly state they're supporting it
    08-26-2015 12:02 PM
    2TB?!? Do they even make those? Woah. Yeah this phone is definitely on my radar. I would just need to make sure it connected automatically to my car... once that's been settled, I'll be all in.

No, there are no 2TB cards. The largest available is 256GB, and it's super expensive. The reason it says 2TB is because that is the largest that the SDXC format can support. All phones that fully support SDXC can technically support 2TB. OEM's only advertise 128 because until recently that was the largest available. My M9 supports 2TB, so do almost all recent flagships that have micro sd slots
    anon8380037 likes this.
    08-26-2015 12:03 PM
    No, there are no 2TB cards. The largest available is 256GB, and it's super expensive. The reason it says 2TB is because that is the largest that the SDXC format can support. All phones that fully support SDXC can technically support 2TB. OEM's only advertise 128 because until recently that was the largest available. My M9 supports 2TB, so do almost all recent flagships that have micro sd slots
    Apparently the is a 512GB. The price though. Man.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk!
    08-26-2015 12:33 PM
    The Note 3 might just work with a bigger card! I might just keep it! Confirmed 128GB!

qbnkelt likes this.
    08-26-2015 12:37 PM
    I've never been a Samsung fan (though I have to admit they make pretty good washers and dryers), but I have been tempted more than once by the Sony Xperia Z lineup. One of these days, I might have to give Sony a try.
    08-26-2015 12:49 PM
    Apparently the is a 512GB. The price though. Man.

https://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08...f244afb48d.jpg

I believe that's a regular sized sd card, not a micro. The largest I've seen from Sandisk is a 200gb for their micro sd.
    Sandisk's new 200GB microSD card brings massive storage in a tiny size | Android Central
    08-26-2015 01:13 PM
    Ahhh? Posted in wrong thread.

Anyways, cheapest place to get 128GB SD card?

08-26-2015 05:20 PM
    Definitely . Personnal preference, I guess!
    Since I love technology, I would not mind another phone to fiddle with and use from time to time (like the M9 or G4), but not as a daily driver. My heart remains with the  =P

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    anon8380037 likes this.
    08-27-2015 10:54 AM

Cheapest would be Amazon. They just ended a sale on the 128gb SanDisk for $49.99. They run that sale every few weeks though. I'd recommend the Lexar 633x. It's faster than most on the market. It's been hovering around $95.00 or so. I've seen it as low as $79.99 though.
    08-27-2015 11:00 AM
    Definitely . Personnal preference, I guess!
    Since I love technology, I would not mind another phone to fiddle with and use from time to time (like the M9 or G4), but not as a daily driver. My heart remains with the  =P

I've honestly grown to love Android. It can be more finicky depending on the actual device, but it's fun to play with.
    TwitchyPuppy and bigoldthor like this.
    08-27-2015 11:05 AM

I just saw that:

08-27-2015 11:26 AM
    I've been using both for a while now. I enjoy iOS for its (overall) consistency and Android for its customizability. However, for my family, I wish they would stick with iOS because I am sick of fixing their "How do I fix...." issues that pop up everyday.

That being said, the camera on the new NOTE 5 is pretty awesome, and if Apple doesn't match it in the 6s, this photographer may have to switch over.
    bigoldthor likes this.
    08-27-2015 12:22 PM
    I just saw that:
    https://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08...63ee6a8978.jpg

I think it was last week, maybe the week before, but Amazon had the same card for 49.99 for a few days. My advice for anyone looking for a 128 is to check every few days. They run sales on em a lot lately.
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    08-27-2015 12:54 PM
    I have heard horrible RAM management with the new S6. In this tier of price, I would spend my money on Apple.
    Tartarus likes this.
    08-29-2015 10:55 AM
    I was Android user since 2010. and HTC Desire. After Desire I switch to LG, than to Samsung for 3 years (S3, S4, N3, S5). My journey with Samsung was over because one particular reason (very important to me as their customer): One product (flagship), one price, different specs and hardware for different markets. Don't be confused, but I hate policy that everyone money is not equal. Example: Samsung Galaxy S5 - G900H (international version) with their Exynos cpu with Mali gpu (obviously tested in developing countries for this year flagships S6 series) in regular market product vs Galaxy S5 G900F with more stable Snapdragon S800 paired with Adreno gpu for US/EU markets. Look for rumors about new Note 5. 3gb ram European market vs 4gb ram International markets. iPhone at other hand is same for every single customer all around the world. That's why - iPhone for me every single day in week over Samsung. Even with higher price, but Samsung pass Apple in price tags for their flagships. Also, there's many other reasons, but this one is more than enough for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Tartarus likes this.
    08-29-2015 11:17 AM
    Samsung's are fun out of the box. There's a lot of settings and features they cover that stock Android devices make you take extra steps for, or don't do at all.

That said, I have come to like my temporary stock like Motorola G (after selling a Galaxy Note 3) on the latest stock Android 5.1 with the extra amenities Lollipop offers; and also the ever improving Google day to day information available once I finally succumbed and let Google in to my life completely.
    Apple I'm sure is similar/as good /better - I don't know yet.

I would definitely recommend Samsung's as a first Android device, as they make life easier and have killer features and spec, especially the screens. Whether they integrate well for power users with office products, exchange, may be down to Touchwiz or integrated apps, but Microsoft apps for Android have really nailed Android recently it seems to me, though I am not a heavy user.

There are quite a few excellent mid price Android devices now that make more sense at near half the money or less, so I am looking elsewhere and the Note 5 is not destined for the UK as yet.

Android is getting very fragmented over different OEM's again. I got the Lollipop update late, and now Android M is out soon, so too many complete settings and other changes just for changes sake in my view, and an awful lot to keep up with.

I don't fiddle much with layouts and
    widgets etc, so part of me thinks iOS could suit me better for several reasons.

I have no experience really but may need to try a pre-owned 4s / 5 soon for a work requirement, and see if I like it - though it won't be a 6+ like ride I grant you.

Samsung will work well and be a ton of fun until that next software update. Then it will become a calling and texting brick, at best. I'll stay with iPhone.
    There you are! Nice to see you.
    I remember your issues with the Pro tablet and Note 3.
    Comment allez-vouz, Madame ?

(Evilguppy : "Who the heck is this guy?)
    TwitchyPuppy and Evilguppy like this.
    08-30-2015 12:10 PM
    @Madd54, if you can get a 5S, think you'll like the TouchID along with overall better specifications than the 4S or 5.
    TwitchyPuppy and anon8380037 like this.
    08-30-2015 12:41 PM
    [QUOTE=Trees;2582303, if you can get a 5S, think you'll like the TouchID along with overall better specifications than the 4S or 5.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I think you may be converting me by stealth.

I think for the price of a Grade A or nib 5S, I could get my next Moto X Play or Style, Alcatel I3, almost a G4 or a Note 4 as my daily. So it would be time to choose my next OS.

I am sure you are correct about the 5S being a better buy. I appreciate it.

I will look into it later.
    Last edited by Madd54; 08-30-2015 at 01:24 PM. Reason: 1st draft would not post because it said there were links and there were not.
    08-30-2015 01:22 PM
    This. I could be 100% happy with any Android Phone moto has released/announced recently. Even the motoG 2015 is a winner.
    This. I would take any iPhone over any Samsung, but Motorola is a different ballgame. The Motorola X, Turbo, etc. are truly awesome phones. The Turbo has epic battery life, awesome specs, and pretty close to stock Google Android.
    08-30-2015 01:41 PM
    Thanks. I think you may be converting me by stealth.

I think for the price of a Grade A or nib 5S, I could get my next Moto X Play or Style, Alcatel I3, almost a G4 or a Note 4 as my daily. So it would be time to choose my next OS.

I am sure you are correct about the 5S being a better buy. I appreciate it.

I will look into it later.
    If I was going Samsung again, the Note 4 would be my choice. However, the 5s is the best value for nib iPhone right now. Once the 6s appears, I bet there will be a lot of good carrier promotions for the 6.

anon8380037 likes this.
    08-30-2015 05:06 PM
    If I was going Samsung again, the Note 4 would be my choice. However, the 5s is the best value for nib iPhone right now. Once the 6s appears, I bet there will be a lot of good carrier promotions for the 6.

Yeah I am waiting for its release to get the 6 =P

anon8380037 likes this.
    08-30-2015 05:13 PM
    Given that BalckBerry is making a move into the Android world with a slider full qwerty keyboard phone I think it is a relevant device choice. I don't need or want physical keyboards.
    08-30-2015 05:42 PM

There you are! Nice to see you.
    I remember your issues with the Pro tablet and Note 3.
    Comment allez-vouz, Madame ?

(Evilguppy : "Who the heck is this guy?)
    a va trs bien, merci, et vous?
    I am loving my IOS system now that I've jumped ship completely.
    All my devices are connected, the occasional minor glitches are easily solved just by asking here, no major issues, ever.
    So I won't ever go back to Samsung.
    IF, and that's a catastrophic, humongus, what the heck happened kinda if, I were to be forced to go back to Android, (kicking, screaming and swearing like a drunken sailor on a Tourette's rampage) I would go with Nexus.
    But my life would have to be in serious danger, lol.
    08-30-2015 06:45 PM
82 1234