Would you rather take the new iPhone 6s+ or the Samsung Galaxy s6+?
    I love tech and I use several phones. However, the iPhone is my daily driver and my main device. The iPhone is non negotiable.

I would not choose a Samsung Galaxy S6 because there is nothing compelling about it for me, although I would have taken a Note 5 had it retained the removable battery and the SD card. So I'll keep the Note 4 I currently have and hope Samsung returns to a removable battery and SD card slot for the Note 6.

If they don't, I'll have to decide on what Android device to get that would go near what my like about my Note 4. If there is nothing, then the Note 4 will be the end of my Android days.
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    08-24-2015 07:52 AM
    Why isn't BlackBerry a choice? Like the pending Slider or the Passport?
    Why introduce BlackBerry into the discussion when it wasn't offered as one of the choices to begin with?

But to answer your question, this is why BlackBerry isn't a choice for me:

Because given their inability to properly execute, I don't trust that it is a wise use of my 600 bucks. BB10.1 was plagued with problems. It's taken them two years to come up with an OS that resembles maturity.
    Their focus, as expressed by their CEO, is enterprise, and my work issues me my work phone.
    Because I don't trust the build quality of their devices, as I've had a Z10 that was nothing but a hot mess of bugs, a Q10 with a double typing keyboard and a lackluster camera, and expect the Quasimodo I got from a friend for 150 bucks, to start the double typing any minute, or for the screen to lift.
    If I wanted an Android device, and if the Note 6 hasn't got a user replaceable battery or SD slot, I would look at Nexus phones next.
    I have lost thousands of dollars in BlackBerry stock and I'm not keen on giving them one more dollar.

But mainly, because when I buy a device I join their communities, and the trolling, harassing, insulting, backstabbing BlackBerry communities who spend their time attacking me, as you know, have turned me off to everything BlackBerry. Therefore, I want no association with any of them, not even through the use of an object. THAT is how much I detest everything BlackBerry. And if they ever do go under, I won't shed a tear.

So that's why BlackBerry is not a choice for me.
    08-24-2015 08:18 AM
    I understand communities and partaking in conversations. I added BlackBerry to simply broaden the choice and to engage in conversation.

There is\was a slight possibility that the original poster wasn't even aware of BlackBerry, or as someone pointed out, Windows as a choice...
    08-24-2015 09:22 AM
    Get the Samsung ... iPhones are teh sucky! ...
    nikkisharif likes this.
    08-24-2015 09:32 AM
    Just like how Samsung is software-sucky
    08-24-2015 10:18 AM
    As an Android user (who will be moving to an iPhone 6s Plus), I would never get a Samsung. Gross. The only current Android phone I would get is the new Moto X--and I'm still thinking of getting one just to play with since it's relatively inexpensive. I'd consider getting a Nexus, too, but the new ones have yet to be announced.
    This. I could be 100% happy with any Android Phone moto has released/announced recently. Even the motoG 2015 is a winner.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    08-24-2015 11:12 AM
    Definitely iPhone. Both because of the design and the operating system.
    08-24-2015 12:47 PM
    The Note 4 is likely the last Samsung product I'll ever own. For the most part I liked the device, but there were two big deal breakers for me that seem to be problems on most Samsung devices:

1) TouchWiz lag. It was most noticeable when switching between tasks and trying to get to a pic I just took. It got to a point where I stopped using the recent tasks button and just used the home button and selected the app from my home screen because it was faster.

2) Crappy GPS. I couldn't keep a lock while in motion. It made navigation completely unusable for me. Before the Note 4 I had the SGS 3 and the Vibrant. Both of those had pretty bad GPS as well.

I've since gotten an LG G4 and I really like it. The OS is buttery smooth and GPS is on point. It has a 5.5in screen, but the device itself doesn't feel that big. If you're wanting to get an Android device, I'd strongly recommend that one.

That said, I'm most likely going to get the 6s+ for my next phone. I've never had an iPhone, but after using the iPad Air for the past year I'm fairly confident I'd enjoy iOS as my daily driver.
    08-24-2015 04:25 PM
    The Note 4 is likely the last Samsung product I'll ever own. For the most part I liked the device, but there were two big deal breakers for me that seem to be problems on most Samsung devices:

1) TouchWiz lag. It was most noticeable when switching between tasks and trying to get to a pic I just took. It got to a point where I stopped using the recent tasks button and just used the home button and selected the app from my home screen because it was faster.

2) Crappy GPS. I couldn't keep a lock while in motion. It made navigation completely unusable for me. Before the Note 4 I had the SGS 3 and the Vibrant. Both of those had pretty bad GPS as well.

I've since gotten an LG G4 and I really like it. The OS is buttery smooth and GPS is on point. It has a 5.5in screen, but the device itself doesn't feel that big. If you're wanting to get an Android device, I'd strongly recommend that one.

That said, I'm most likely going to get the 6s+ for my next phone. I've never had an iPhone, but after using the iPad Air for the past year I'm fairly confident I'd enjoy iOS as my daily driver.
    Hi PantlessPenguin, how have you been. It's been a long time and I'm still going "PANTLESS"....SMILE
    I'm currently using the 6 Plus and I LUV it. I'm sure you will be happy with the 6s Plus
    08-24-2015 04:34 PM
    Hi PantlessPenguin, how have you been. It's been a long time and I'm still going "PANTLESS"....SMILE
    I'm currently using the 6 Plus and I LUV it. I'm sure you will be happy with the 6s Plus
    Hey homie .
    Spencerdl and anon8380037 like this.
    08-24-2015 04:38 PM
    The Penguin's in da hauz!!!!!! Hi Penguin!!!!
    Spencerdl and pantlesspenguin like this.
    08-24-2015 07:43 PM

I'm seriously starting to think I want the G4. Does it have an SD card slot? How about a removable battery? I do like LG... I'm thinking since me and Samsung divorced, I need a new Android buddy.

Sent from my iPad Mini 3 using Tapatalk.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    08-24-2015 08:10 PM
    I'm seriously starting to think I want the G4. Does it have an SD card slot? How about a removable battery? I do like LG... I'm thinking since me and Samsung divorced, I need a new Android buddy.

According to LG's G4 web page, the G4 has a 3000 mAh removable battery, and the G4 supports up to a 2 TB microSD card also. Being that the G4 has a removable back, they also had a number of different colored leather backs for purchase on the G4's accessories link page.
    http://m.lg.com/us/mobile-phones/g4
    Hope this helps you out, ✌️
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    08-24-2015 08:32 PM

Why would anyone step off of a horse to get on a donkey, Rain?

That's how I think about leaving  for Samsung, anyway
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    08-24-2015 08:34 PM
    Oh no, she's not leaving Apple! She's got a phone addiction like I do.
    08-25-2015 05:41 AM
    I would love to try the Note 5. But two things are keeping me from making the switch; my iPad Air 2 and iMessage.

Sent from my iPad Air 2 using Tapatalk
    nikkisharif likes this.
    08-25-2015 06:25 AM
    I would love to try the Note 5. But two things are keeping me from making the switch; my iPad Air 2 and iMessage.

I signed up for the test drive program that Samsung announced to try the Note 5 for 30 days. I've currently got an iPhone 6 and HTC One M9. I'm generally not a fan of TW, but I wouldn't mind trying the Note live to see what all the SPen fuss is about.
    08-25-2015 08:24 AM
    I signed up for the test drive program that Samsung announced to try the Note 5 for 30 days. I've currently got an iPhone 6 and HTC One M9. I'm generally not a fan of TW, but I wouldn't mind trying the Note live to see what all the SPen fuss is about.
    When I had the Note 4 I used the S Pen a lot more than I thought I would. I miss Action Memo.
    jnew619 likes this.
    08-25-2015 11:38 AM
    So I went and played with the demo models of the Note 5 at Best Buy today, and I came away unimpressed for the most part. They had 3 models, and only 1 of them actually worked properly. Tapping on apps took 2-4 presses to get apps to open on 2 phones. On one the gallery app wouldn't open no matter how many times I pressed it. The third one was pretty snappy and worked as it probably should, but having 2 of 3 demos with problems doesn't inspire confidence. I also played around with a G4 and 6 Plus. The 6 Plus was more comfortable to hold even though it's wider than the Note 5. I also didn't think the display on the Note 5 was as great as the praise it gets. I mean it looked good, but not really any better than the 6 Plus to me. Both look better than my 6 or M9, so that's something. The G4 was nice in most respects, but I just find that phone ugly. The S-Pen seemed kinda nice, but being that I'd never used one and didn't have much time, I couldn't really get the full potential out of it. I'm still interested in the Note 5 as an Android phone so I hope Samsung gets some more test drive phones soon. I could sell my M9 and 360, so not have to pay too much out of pocket if I truly liked it.

One thing I definitely decided is that I want to get the Plus version of the next iPhone I get. Oh, and the New MacBook is one nice looking laptop.
    08-25-2015 11:16 PM
    I currently have a Samsung and am heavily leaning toward the next iPhone.

I don't really like Touchwiz....the way it looks and I don't feel it is optimized well.

I was interested in the Note 5 after I saw Best Buy's special...free wireless charger and $200 gift card. However, after playing with it in the store I came away unimpressed. Touchwiz now runs pretty snappy but I still don't like the look. (I really there are themes, icon packs, launchers...I really don't want to screw with)

There are three things I do easily prefer about Samsung phones though...1) Screen 2) Camera (Front & Rear) 3) Wireless Charging.

I also played with the S6 Edge and Edge Plus while in Best Buy. I really am not a fan of the Edge screen. The phone looks cool but I don't think the functionality it adds is all that useful.

One thing that I would be concerned with Samsung phones is the amount of RAM they take up...I have read some Note 5 users have less than 1 GB of the 4 GB of RAM to use before they open any apps.

For me my next phone is coming down to the Moto X Pure and the next iPhone. There are things I really like about Android...dedicated back button, Google Services, and I already have USB Chargers. Plus I like the materials of the new Moto because I wouldn't feel the need to have a case...I dislike cases and take my chances by not having one on my S4. Another plus with the Moto X is the price. Hundreds less than iPhone and Samsung. I still appreciate iOS and the consistency it provides so I am undecided.

Another reason I am considering Apple (and Moto) over Samsung is the fact that if I buy from direct I can get one unlocked and use it on any carrier. Samsung doesn't offer this. With subsidizes going away and having to pay full price for a phone I want the freedom to switch carrier if I choose.
    gg22 likes this.
    08-25-2015 11:33 PM
    That sounds like an awesome program. Where did you sign up?

08-26-2015 06:51 AM
    The Androidcentral article below has a good overview about the program. Not sure which carrier(s) support the trial, but it may not matter if just for 30 days.
    Samsung Promotions
    Samsung offering iPhone owners a Galaxy Note 5 to 'Test Drive' for 30 days [update] | Android Central
    08-26-2015 07:48 AM
    Unfortunately I didn't get in before they ran out of the earmarked phones, but I did sign up via email. It's a good idea similar to T-Mobile's program to give their network a try.
    08-26-2015 10:55 AM
    According to LG's G4 web page, the G4 has a 3000 mAh removable battery, and the G4 supports up to a 2 TB microSD card also. Being that the G4 has a removable back, they also had a number of different colored leather backs for purchase on the G4's accessories link page.
    http://m.lg.com/us/mobile-phones/g4
    Hope this helps you out, ✌️
    2TB?!? Do they even make those? Woah. Yeah this phone is definitely on my radar. I would just need to make sure it connected automatically to my car... once that's been settled, I'll be all in.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk Pro.
    08-26-2015 11:45 AM
    Why would anyone step off of a horse to get on a donkey, Rain?

That's how I think about leaving  for Samsung, anyway
    My Note 3 won't last forever. I need to also find a device with more storage, with hearing a G4 has up to 2TB for SD cards, I'm pretty amazed. I'll probably hold onto my Note 3 a little while longer and first upgrade my iPhone 6 to the newer iPhone. Then I'll probably deal hunt for the G4, bet there will be some sort of incentive as they'll be trying to sell them in competition with the new iPhone....

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk Pro.
    Tartarus likes this.
    08-26-2015 11:50 AM
82 1234