How can I play through an entire playlist after iOS 8.4?

I

iMore Question

I listen to music from my iphone on my way to and from work. Since 8.4, I thought I was hearing songs too often (twice within 2 days) and I'm now sure that is what is going on. This should never happen as I have 9.5 hours of songs in the playlist I am shuffling.

It appears they have decided that playing a full playlist is no longer a necessary feature. When I go to the playlist and tell it to shuffle, I can see that only 20 songs even show up in up next. Is this as far as the player keeps track now? I can only assume that is the case due to the current behavior.

If it wasn't for the ability to play over bluetooth to my car, this would make my iphone less useful to me for playing music than an old ipod. That is ridiculous.

Is there some music app out there that still retains this basic functionality of shuffling a playlist and playing the entire thing through? I don't want to get tired of songs just because this update now causes them to play far more often than they should. All the apps I have looked at only offer smart playlists, which is not what I want.

I just want to shuffle MY playlist, play the entire thing, then repeat. Why must this be so difficult?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Depending on the algorithm and the amount of songs you play, you may have indeed heard certain songs more than once. Send Apple some feedback and see what they recommend.

Voidheartd

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
And how would I contact them to do that?

To clarify, I have 140 songs currently on the playlist. Until 8.4 I had been able to keep the same order of songs going every time I play music. It has been this way since the ipod, though for awhile the order would be lost when syncing, but that was changed eventually. Now it seems like they have made it so this information is forgotten when the app becomes idle.

Once I noticed what was happening I looked in itunes and I had several songs that hadn't played in over a month, and many that hadn't played in nearly that long. Before 8.4 I would hear every song once a week (or nearly that, 9.5 hours of songs, 10 hours of driving per week). Now I am hearing some songs too often, and others not at all.

I have also tried several 3rd party music players and none of them preserve the play order or even the current song if they are allowed to go idle. This may be due to the changes in ios though.

Is my only option to look for a bluetooth mp3 player?

Voidheartd

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
Well I was able to get to phone support. It's looking like this was an intentional change at this point which I can't understand at all. I guess I'm forced to try to get my old iphone 3gs running to use it as a music player.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro