Find my iPhone app

I

iMore Question

Is it possible to still use app when phone is no longer in service? I'm currently using another phone. I would still like to have find my iPhone enabled on 4s just in case it's stolen. So I could track it. Is this possible?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You can still use the Find My iPhone feature via the iCloud website or from any other iOS or recent OS X device using your iCloud credentials.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
the only thing you need for Find My iPhone to work is connectivity. So if someone takes your 4s, they would need to connect it to WiFi for Find My iPhone to locate it.

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
the only thing you need for Find My iPhone to work is connectivity. So if someone takes your 4s, they would need to connect it to WiFi for Find My iPhone to locate it.

Really?!
So if I loose my phone without my mobile data turned on, even if I use Find My iPhone, I am pretty much screwed??

I thought it was using a satellite..
Thanks a bunch for the info, though!

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site

Really?!
So if I loose my phone without my mobile data turned on, even if I use Find My iPhone, I am pretty much screwed??

I thought it was using a satellite..
Thanks a bunch for the info, though!

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
It needs to connect over WiFi or the phone carrier data network to interact with Find My Phone services. FYI: your carrier provides your service over towers. At some point the phone will get turned on and will try to connect.

Satellite phones are an entirely different kind of thing.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2