iOS 9 beta 6

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Beta 5 isn't that great. Much stuff still needs fixing. Many years betas don't go past 5. It didn't last year. With them needing to start loading GM on new iPhones that release in 4 weeks, the betas might be over for iPhone. Not saying there won't be another beta but just don't hold your breath.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Beta 5 isn't that great. Much stuff still needs fixing. Many years betas don't go past 5. It didn't last year. With them needing to start loading GM on new iPhones that release in 4 weeks, the betas might be over for iPhone. Not saying there won't be another beta but just don't hold your breath.

Beta 5 works quite well on my iPhone 6 Plus...;)...,but I agree that I don't foresee another beta prior to the Gold Master.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
So, beta 5 seems to be stable...
what do you guys think? what do you want fixed in beta 6?

Yes, I agree that beta 5 is very stable in 'my' experience with it. As for what do I want fixed, dude, I can't even tell what's broken...;)

koltonh2002

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
so, this 5 is very stable and they normally don't do a 6. Pretty sure we can confirm that there will be no 6

I'm so excited for the Public Release!!! we will be able to have all of iOS 9's features to share!

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
so, this 5 is very stable and they normally don't do a 6. Pretty sure we can confirm that there will be no 6

I'm so excited for the Public Release!!! we will be able to have all of iOS 9's features to share!

I wouldn't say we can confirm there won't be but its not certain we will see it.

devoted101

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Not to sound like a broken record but there is one MAJOR bug i hope gets fixed... In beta 1 I switched the mute switch to orientation lock on my 6+ and it has been sadly stuck that way ever since leaving me with no way to mute my iPhone 6+ (without downgrading or doing a clean install and reinstall all 300 apps and thousands of songs manually)

I thought do not disturb mode would help me out but it doesn't so I guess my understanding of do not disturb is quite limited and I own that.

Anyway, fingers crossed that I can see that being fixed without me having to do the aforementioned..

vsnlweb

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I agree there is some lag. Also, I have experienced some crashes still, not counting 3rd party apps because, well, you just can't...lol. In my opinion I think there "may be" another beta. IRC last year beta 5 was pretty as close to a GM as it could get. Was very stable and pretty much polished.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
iOS9b5 is the most stable beta that has been released. There are few little bugs, but nothing deal breaking. B6 maybe, but not likely.

melinas1998

Jun 27, 2015
Visit site
Not to sound like a broken record but there is one MAJOR bug i hope gets fixed... In beta 1 I switched the mute switch to orientation lock on my 6+ and it has been sadly stuck that way ever since leaving me with no way to mute my iPhone 6+ (without downgrading or doing a clean install and reinstall all 300 apps and thousands of songs manually)

I thought do not disturb mode would help me out but it doesn't so I guess my understanding of do not disturb is quite limited and I own that.

Anyway, fingers crossed that I can see that being fixed without me having to do the aforementioned..

Reset all settings! It will fix it!!

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't think they go by number of betas. If it needs it, they will do it. Stability and performance, after all, is the main thing in iOS 9 they want to achieve.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods