My iPhone is bricked after the jailbreak removal, how can I fix it?

I

iMore Question

iPhone is bricked after jailbreak removal, please help!

My phone had a jailbreak on it, and I tried to take it off using "Erase all content and settings" instead of using itunes because I didn't have a working usb cable at the time. Now my phone is off and I have a working cable. When I try to charge it so it can power on, it charges and then shows the white apple logo and the bar. When the bar fills, it shows just the apple. When I take the cable out, the phone turns off and requires to be charged. Then the whole cycle repeats.

I've been told to try downloading new firmware, putting it in DFU, connecting to iTunes, and then restoring from there. I cannot connect to iTunes, for some reason, and whenever I try holding the power and home buttons it just dies again. I desperately need help.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Re: iPhone is bricked after jailbreak removal, please help!

My phone had a jailbreak on it, and I tried to take it off using "Erase all content and settings" instead of using itunes because I didn't have a working usb cable at the time. Now my phone is off and I have a working cable. When I try to charge it so it can power on, it charges and then shows the white apple logo and the bar. When the bar fills, it shows just the apple. When I take the cable out, the phone turns off and requires to be charged. Then the whole cycle repeats.

I've been told to try downloading new firmware, putting it in DFU, connecting to iTunes, and then restoring from there. I cannot connect to iTunes, for some reason, and whenever I try holding the power and home buttons it just dies again. I desperately need help.

First of all, make sure that you’re running the latest version if iTunes. Then, just put your device in DFU mode and connect it to your computer/iTunes. It will download the latest iOS and install it for you. Good luck.

How to put your iPhone or iPad into DFU mode | iMore

ZatoichiPiranha

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site

First of all, make sure that you’re running the latest version if iTunes. Then, just put your device in DFU mode and connect it to your computer/iTunes. It will download the latest iOS and install it for you. Good luck.

I successfully got into DFU mode, and it was on the black screen. However, it would not connect to the computer let alone iTunes. I decided to restart by holding the power and home button, this caused the dead battery charging logo to pop up. Shortly after, the apple logo and the bar appeared until the bar filled and now the apple logo is here again.

Essentially, I'm back at square one. Should I try going into DFU again?

ZatoichiPiranha

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site

This is severely frustrating. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I've been going at this for three hours and the phone just won't connect to my computer.

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site

Restart your computer, make sure your iTunes is up to date. Connect your iPhone to your computer while iTunes is open, then put the iPhone in DFU mode, as soon as the phone enter DFU mode, iTunes will recognize it and suggest you to restore it. Follow the iTunes on screen instructions from there to complete the restore.
If you have previously uninstall iTunes, make sure you have "bonjour" software reinstalled and up running, that is if you are using a windows computer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2