I basically lost every media on my WhatsApp, literally been working on it for 4 hours this morning, no luck at all, my phone is jailbroken (iPhone 5), it has nothing to do with the jailbreak because there were no tweaks that I downloaded for it. Anyways, last night (when WhatsApp just froze and crashed and deleted my media, I backed it up not knowing all of WhatsApp was gone from a 3GB file to 200mb) and yeah, i have a MacBook which i backed up my iPhone from before, could it be possible to restore from there and use iCloud backup thereafter? its my only resort, i don't need the media between that 1 month period of not backing up, just the media from the past and the new messages? thank you for reading, if you have any ideas to get it back please please tell me
    08-15-2015 06:12 AM
    It would be iOS 8.4.1. Is there a jailbreak for that OS yet? If you want to stay jailbroken, there would need to be.
    08-15-2015 07:03 AM
    I basically lost every media on my WhatsApp, literally been working on it for 4 hours this morning, no luck at all, my phone is jailbroken (iPhone 5), it has nothing to do with the jailbreak because there were no tweaks that I downloaded for it. Anyways, last night (when WhatsApp just froze and crashed and deleted my media, I backed it up not knowing all of WhatsApp was gone from a 3GB file to 200mb) and yeah, i have a MacBook which i backed up my iPhone from before, could it be possible to restore from there and use iCloud backup thereafter?
    Yes, you should be able to restore from your previous iCloud backup.
    its my only resort, i don't need the media between that 1 month period of not backing up, just the media from the past and the new messages? thank you for reading, if you have any ideas to get it back please please tell me
    I don't use Whatsapp and have never used it so I'm not sure if it maintains a copy of your media for a period of time or not. I mean, do you know if it allows for your deleted media to be restored?
    08-15-2015 08:39 AM