A VZW SIM card was placed in a AT&T iPhone 5S. LTE works, but not voice calling. Is there a fix?

I

iMore Question

I just put a verizon sim card in a ATT iphone 5S. LTE is working but I am not able to voice call. Is there a fix to this?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: A VZW SIM card was placed in a AT&T iPhone 5S. LTE works, but not voice calling. Is there a fix?

Not that I'm aware of.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: A VZW SIM card was placed in a AT&T iPhone 5S. LTE works, but not voice calling. Is there a fix?

You can try associating the phone's MEID with your account in your MyVerizon site.

Madhavan Maddy

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site

Hi. I have exact same problem, Trying to put my VZN sim into recently got iPhone 5. LTE works but can't make calls

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

You can try associating the phone's MEID with your account in your MyVerizon site.

This is the fix. I had the same issue until I updated my daughters account.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site

To my knowledge you can not associate another carriers phone with verizon ..

example as above verizon sim into att wont work not because of hardware but because of the carrier..

now putting a att or other sim into a verizon will work as it comes unlocked .

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

To my knowledge you can not associate another carriers phone with verizon ...
That has always been my impression as well - however, I've seen enough people who claim they've done so with iPhone 5S and above to make me think Verizon has softened that stance.

jmecca09

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site

That has always been my impression as well - however, I've seen enough people who claim they've done so with iPhone 5S and above to make me think Verizon has softened that stance.

I have a VZW iPhone 5S with an AT&T sim card. I broke my old work phone and my IT guy had a VZW iPhone 5S in house. I preferred the iPhone 5S to the old AT&T iPhone 4S that he had in stock. I transferred the SIM and had our AT&T account rep change the SIM on their end and it works 100%.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

What Keith said.

Needs to be connected for CDMA legacy support of voice calling. Simple as that. Just call up Verizon.

anon(764611)

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site

I just put a verizon sim card in a ATT iphone 5S. LTE is working but I am not able to voice call. Is there a fix to this?

It won't work because it lacks the CDMA chip required for voice. Sorry ��