Can you help me restore my jailbroken iPad after select to erase all contents and settings?

I

iMore Question

So a couple days ago I jail broke my ios 8.4 iPad 3. A tweak I got wasn't working well and wouldn't let me download things off the app store anymore so without checking I pressed reset all settings and contents because I had a back up on my computer. I left my iPad overnight to do its thing and reset. I wake up and no progress has been made to the bar underneath the apple logo, so now I panic and I go online to see what to do and I found out about recovery mode so I do that. But my iTunes doesn't detect my iPad when I plug it in nor my iPhone. I have tried downgrading my itunes to no avail because it says a file of the newer version already exists. Please help, thank you. Update it now shows a depleted battery with just a little bit of red, but it is charging

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: I need some serious help

Hopefully someone will be able to offer you some advice soon, but this is why I don't jailbreak my devices.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I've read about this happening time and time again. Someone with a jail broken device commits the ultimate no-no and select 'erase all contents and settings'. Well, the good news is that you will be able to get your device up and running, but the bad news is that it will more than likely take you several attempts of putting the device in DFU or recovery mode and restoring via iTunes so kick back, put your mind in patient mode and keep trying.

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site

Put it into dfu mode and factory restore it. You can google out how to put your device in dfu mode. It's easy, yet since it's your first time, you may have several tries before it kick in. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

Use the official charging cable, plug it directly in a USB port on your computer without a hub or extension cord.

Restart your computer, then open iTunes, restart your phone by holding the power and home button down for 20 seconds. Your phone should restart and your computer should start installing drivers. Don't interrupt that process in any case. After your drivers are installed put your phone in DFU mode and pray to God in the meanwhile, then on iTunes choose the restore option and get some cookies to eat as it will take a while till the process is completed.

After you've successfully restored your iPhone, think about me and enjoy your phone.

All instructions above have to be carried out carefully or your phone will stay useless

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2