Macbook pro VS Macbook air, which one would be best for me?

I

iMore Question

I am buying a mac, price doesnt matter. I dont know which to go for, I will be using it for school, photo editing and games like the sims. I am thinking of buying a Imac in the future. Thoughts, please help!

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Either model would be sufficient for the uses you mention... Since we don't know you and you're posting anonymously how can anyone make more of a recommendation??

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Macbook Air - Lighter, Longer battery, slightly cheaper
Macbook Pro - Faster, better screen, more ports

If games are important, you're better off with one of the pro Macbooks.
If you're just typing and watching movies, save some money and get the air.

Arden Felice

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
I like the air as I like slant and I will be doing a lot of typing and its just nice to type with but I feel like I want the pro as its the top and I like to have the best of things, maybe I will go to the store and use both to see which one I feel like I want more.

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
In my opinion the 13'' Pro is worth the extra money over the 13'' Air. You get a more powerful computer and the absolutely gorgeous retina display at the expense of minor weight gain and less battery time. Even though the Pro can't really compete with the Air on battery life, it still packs an industry leading battery. Unless you truly need to be a road warrior, you'll definitely get a full day of work on a charge.

The 11'' Air is worth considering if you like a small computer, will be traveling a lot, or have a conservative budget.

The Pro is likely to be more useful to you for photo editing. The Air is more than capable of powering through casual edits but the Pro's retina display will really make images "pop" on the screen and let you work out fine detail. Though even though the retina is amazing, it's no substitute for having a larger external display. An iMac is a great choice for a professional photographer and if you do end up buying one of those down the road, it likely won't matter which laptop you are packing.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2