How do I silence the ringer on my 6 plus?

devoted101

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
He has iPhone 6 and uses audiobooks from the iTunes Store and audible. Ever since  moved audiobooks into the iBooks app there has been an issue. There are also a few apps here and there that aren't working but that's on the app developer's side. Oddly many of the same issues he has using non beta current iOS I have on the beta. Though I wish I wish I never used my switch to toggle orientation. Oh well

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
He has iPhone 6 and uses audiobooks from the iTunes Store and audible. Ever since  moved audiobooks into the iBooks app there has been an issue. There are also a few apps here and there that aren't working but that's on the app developer's side. Oddly many of the same issues he has using non beta current iOS I have on the beta. Though I wish I wish I never used my switch to toggle orientation. Oh well

Have you sent in a bug report or feedback?
https://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html#mn_p

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
So let me get this right, you didn't read my full post before replying did you? I didn't think so as I've already address your answer. Thank you for the attempt but you should really read the full question before replying next time. Good effort though.

What else do you want? All of the 'help' we provided involved some sort of 'wiping the device'. If you had a backup you could restore from that and update to the beta again, so your data would still be intact. If you're not going to be open to ideas and doing a bit of work, then why ask a question at all?

iphone5s

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
It's a straight forward question but more detail is needed?

Although I don't own a 6+ I do use a 6. In the 6+ general settings isn't there an option to change the side button from using it to lock orientation or using it to mute volume? It's my understanding that the 6+ OS shares some characteristics of the ipad, hence that suggestion.

settings/lock rotation/choose "mute"
alt........use volume rocker on the left
alt.........settings/sounds/ringer and alerts slide all the way to the left if "change volume with buttons" is disabled.

Kesav Spartan

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site
.. How do I silence the ringer on my 6 plus using ios 9 beta 4 *IF* the switch only toggles rotation lock? --short of downgrading, wiping the phone, or my fav sarcastic b.s. response: wait until ios 9 final is released..

i reckon no one has a noncheeky answer to this one (that hasn't been said above)

If you take a look at the title of your thread and your first post, you will find that you never mentioned iOS 9 beta. We are not mind readers here. If you need an answer that is going to help you then I suggest that you give us the complete picture. Just to answer your question, this option is missing since Update 2. You need to wait till Apple fixes this . I remember reading this somewhere.

Not being cheeky or sarcastic, just trying to help you here like the people who answered before me. You should be thankful that they took the time to respond to you in order to help you.

Anyway, now that we know that you are using the beta, it would be good if you could provide feedback as Ledsteplin suggested

devoted101

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
The feedback Ledstepin suggested had to do with a different phone and a different iOS. And the thread wasn't started by me. That's not my question. I joined late and tweaked the original. So.. Again, do people bother to actually read on this site? Strangest thing, no wonder so few people can offer anything useful -- they don't read. Don't read, don't write. So simple and yet...

Not answering is better than an uninformed answer any day; I had a teacher who always said that in class.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711