My ipad screen is completely black. How can I back it up?

terilynovidia

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
My ipad screen is completely black. We think it may have gotten wet or something, but my son has games on it that he wants me to back up to my computer, however, I have never backed it up so when I plug it in to my computer and go to itunes, it tells me to follow the prompts on the ipad, but that's kind of hard to do when I can't see the screen! Is there any other way to do it? Thanks!

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
My ipad screen is completely black. We think it may have gotten wet or something, but my son has games on it that he wants me to back up to my computer, however, I have never backed it up so when I plug it in to my computer and go to itunes, it tells me to follow the prompts on the ipad, but that's kind of hard to do when I can't see the screen! Is there any other way to do it? Thanks!

Unfortunately, backups are best done before tragedy or accident occur. If you cannot see the screen to see/follow the prompts, there's not much you can do. Is there any chance that you had done any backup via iCloud?

Sadly, you may be SOL, to use the vernacular.

terilynovidia

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
I don't think so.....I think I shut that option off on the ipad because he was taking it to his dad's and I didn't want all of my stuff on it. It's really not a big deal to me....they are just games that can be reloaded to another device, but to him it is a tragedy! lol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2