What happens to my playlists & music library if I cancel my subscription to Music?

I

iMore Question

So, I'm loving apple music so far during the trial period. But, I have a question that I cannot seem to find the answer to. Here goes: if I build playlists and a music library on MUSIC and for some reason decide to stop my subscription (money gets tight or whatever) does my playlist and library get deleted immediately or does apple save it for when I resubscribe? Like if I get tight on money and couldn't pay for it for a month or two will apple make me start over? With no free tier like Spotify I'm concerned about how much effort I should really put in to it as far as building playlists and a library.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Any streaming music you've added to your library from the Apple Music catalog will no longer be playable; you'll stop having access to Connect content; you'll be skip-limited when listening to Apple Music radio stations; and unless you have iTunes Match enabled, you won't be able to stream your previously purchased and uploaded music to your devices, and any songs from your Mac's library that you've downloaded to other devices will be removed. (Your Mac's original iTunes library remains as-is.)

Source: http://www.imore.com/apple-music-faq

Jimmy H

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
Not what I asked. I understand I won't be able to play music or access the content while I'm not paying for it. My question was about when re-subscribing. If I stop my subscription for any reason and then choose to re-subscribe, will any previous playlists I've made with Apple music be available to me or will I need to re-make them and will music I've added to my library previously be in library again or will I need to re-add it?

I ask because with Spotify if I cancel I just go to a free tier where my playlists and collection are still saved. I'm not sure if Apple music saves my subscription data for when I resubscribe since they don't have a free tier like Spotify.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm not exactly sure about Apple Music but if they have the same terms as Beats Music then your playlists will be saved for when you renew your subscription.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2