I bought a iPhone 5s and the fingerprint Id has never been on settings. Why?

juanchocx

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
I have been on the Internet and YouTube. I have gone to settings>General and it should be there as people say. If not I've also seen people just go to settings and it is there. But my iPhone doesn't show up anywhere. I reset it & restarted it & still nothing. Why doesn't the Touch ID option show up? What's going on?

Last edited:

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
How sure are you that it's an iPhone 5s? Connect it to iTunes on your computer and let iTunes display the type of iPhone it is. If from there it's sure an iPhone 5s, then it mean that the unique cable that connect the finger print sensor to the CPU have been replaced as this causes the finger print to auto disable once that original cable is not there. But your issue sound more like an iPhone 5 wearing a 5s Touch ID home button. I could be wrong though, so make sure it's a 5s in the first place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have been on the Internet and YouTube. I have gone to settings>General and it should be there as people say. If not I've also seen people just go to settings and it is there. But my iPhone doesn't show up anywhere. I reset it & restarted it & still nothing. Why doesn't the Touch ID option show up? What's going on?

Maybe it's because I'm running iOS 9, but the TouchID settings on my iPhone is found via 'Settings' 4 spaces below 'General'.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner