Why do Google apps on iOS run laggy?

I

iMore Question

I really enjoy Google services on my iPhone for various reasons. However, I noticed an annoying trait on my iPhone 6, iPhone 5 and iPad Air that all the Google apps run a little sluggish. There is a slight delay in loading, refreshing and scrolling.

It's almost like they run as a web-wrapper, in contrast Spark, Mail app, Outlook, Sunrise run like butter.

Does anymore have this experience? If so, is this symptomatic of the way they develop/code their apps?

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
Yes, indeed they do run with an amount of 'sluggishness' which is rather distracting. For this reason I use native Apple or other third party apps for Google services.

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
In my experience on iOS 8.x and iPhone 6+, Google apps run just as well as native and other 3rd party apps. The user experience to me is about the same as with other apps. Calendar, Hangouts, Maps, and G+ are what I typically use.

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
In my experience on iOS 8.x and iPhone 6+, Google apps run just as well as native and other 3rd party apps. The user experience to me is about the same as with other apps. Calendar, Hangouts, Maps, and G+ are what I typically use.

I have had the same experience. No lag for me on iPhone 6 Plus or iPad mini.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Tinfoil hat theory: Google wants iOS app users experience to suck just enough to make them think about getting android devices... :p

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I have Google Apps on my 4S, iPad Air, my wifes iPhone 6 and so far no issues for us at all. Maybe try removing them and adding them again. I don't find the native apps any use and old and outdated.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice