Any ideas why the battery of my iPhone 5S is only lasting for about 4 hours?

I

iMore Question

I've tried turning off background app refresh, notifications, Bluetooth, 3g/4g but nothing works. Also tried restoring, doesn't fix anything. I keep getting around 4 hours of battery which i could deal with at first, but not now. Any suggestions?

[redaced]

Last edited by a moderator:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: my iPhone 5s battery lasts 4 hours. tried all the solutions i could think of....

Since you've tried all solutions, go ahead and make a Genius Bar appointment with the nearest Apple Store to have them diagnose the problem for you.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
You can check the battery using this test:

Write down your usage and standby time, press the sleep/wake button (or lock button, as some call it) to put the device to sleep, and set the device down for five minutes. When you come back, take note of the change in time. If your device is sleeping properly, then the Standby time should have increased by five minutes and your Usage time by <1 minute . If your Usage time rises by more than one minute, you have a drain problem. Something is keeping your device from sleeping properly, significantly shortening the time it will last.

The battery may just be getting worn from heavy use. The battery in my IP 5 is getting bad. It's almost 23 months old.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods