How can I remove an unwanted app from iPad Mini 2?

Mary Brown7

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
I don't know how and when I picked up this adsalert app that makes me encounter many pop-up ads when I use Safari. I have no idea how to remove this annoying app from my ipad mini. Please help!

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: How to remove unwanted app from Ipad mini2?

Sounds like malware. I did a quick google search. Do you see the actual app on the iPad? You may have to do a restore. I personally don't know of virus removal for iOS.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

I don't know how and when I picked up this adsalert app that makes me encounter many pop-up ads when I use Safari. I have no idea how to remove this annoying app from my ipad mini. Please help!

Is your iPad jailbroken? As far as I know, the only way to get malware on an iPhone or iPad is to be jailbroken... and then to install compromised software. And the only way to remove it is to wipe the device and load a fresh (unjailbroken) copy of iOS.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

If it's an actual app on your home screen, you should be able to tap and hold on the app until all of your apps begin to jiggle. Afterwards, press the 'X' on the app you want to delete. When you're done, press the home button.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods