Using internal mic with headphones plugged in

thirdday2002

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi everybody,

After 4.5 years, I finally took the plunge and moved from Windows Phone to an iPhone 6 plus. Loving it so far. I do have an issue that I'm hoping you all can help me with.

Is it possible to use the internal mic while having a cable plugged into the headphone jack? While driving, I like to listen to podcasts/music/waze/etc... I've got a little older car, and it's got a tape deck. I use a 3.5 mm to cassette adapter to utilize the car's sound system. Everything works fine, except that I can't figure out how to get diction to work. As long as there's a cable plugged into the headphone jack, Siri acts like she doesn't hear anything I'm saying. As soon as I unplug the cable from the jack, she works just fine.

With my Lumias, they would plug and play nicely. I could dictate texts, use 'hey Cortana', etc without issue. It worked seamlessly, using the internal mics for voice capture while the headphone jack was in use. What setting am I missing? Google wasn't much help, and I'm hoping my Mobile Nations brethren can help me out (long time windows central reader). Thanks in advance!

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
No. As the previous poster said, once the headphones are in, all goes through them.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox