Apple Music - How to show only music on device?

Analyss14

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
Figured it out. Bastards hid it under a drop down in the app instead of in the settings like it should be. Ha, probably should have waited a few more minutes before posting that question.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Tap the artist twisty

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436023178.178071.jpg

Then the show online option is at the bottom.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436023218.898063.jpg

johnielsen08

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
Select My Music > Library (at the top to the left of "Playlists") > Artists (below the "Recently Added>" albums). This will display options for displaying your music library and a toggle at the bottom for "Music Available Offline - Only show music stored this iPhone." Change that and it will only show the music downloaded to your phone.

norrisw9

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
I agree it is not straight forward. Also seems all my music except one song has been removed from my phone. Could be the funky i unes interface i saw for the first time last night. Back to the drawing board tonight.

richardegamezjr

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
Figured it out. Bastards hid it under a drop down in the app instead of in the settings like it should be. Ha, probably should have waited a few more minutes before posting that question.
Thank you! It still shows my whole library, faded, but at least useful. Hopefully I can make a playlist of only loaded traveling iTunes etc. almost makes me wish I didn't have such a huge library and just stuck to the radio. The real rub is that Apple has a nice table for "all music NOT on this device, as if there was no way I could have a library that exceeds the 128g of this phone

richardegamezjr

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
Making a playlist of Downloaded music, finally gives me the ability to shuffle only music I have already downloaded. Thanks for starting this thread, has always been annoyed about this but only now enough to search for a solution. Good grief, Apple!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
It still shows my entire library, only faded. The song downloaded on this device appear in bold

I'm not sure why your device is showing everything. If you followed what bamf-hacker posted, you should only be seeing downloaded music. Try rebooting your device and see if that corrects the issue.

gbnyc

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
I have the same issue as richardegamezjr: no way to stop showing all music (though it does get greyed out if I select "Only Downloaded Music, Show only music available offline"), and no way to stop it from playing music that's not downloaded (unless in Airplane mode or otherwise without connection).

Do you have iTunes Match as well as Apple Music? That may be the cause of the problem. But, there is no solution that I've found. What a terrible job Apple has done of dealing with iTunes Match and Apple Music.

Dan Dan LG

Jul 24, 2016
Visit site
Select My Music > Library (at the top to the left of "Playlists") > Artists (below the "Recently Added>" albums). This will display options for displaying your music library and a toggle at the bottom for "Music Available Offline - Only show music stored this iPhone." Change that and it will only show the music downloaded to your phone.

Thank you so much! I've found it now, it was really annoying me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen