What is the best Wifi Router? My budget is $300.

I

iMore Question

I am looking to replace my Airport Extreme with something else with lots of features. I would like to put DD-WRT on it. This would be for my home office which is in the basement (along with cable internet connection) and I have a 3 story house, roughly 4000 sq.ft. On average I have about 15-25 wireless devices connecting to it at one time. Right now I can also see about 10 other wifi connections from neighbors. I have been looking at the D-Link DIR-890L/R Wireless AC3200 or the LINKSYS WRT1900AC AC1900. Any ideas or suggestions would greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I've had every router under the sun, and now I'm using an Airport Extreme. This is the best home router I've ever used.

AppleTechie

Jul 1, 2015
Visit site
I have had Apple's AE's for many years now and I do like them but they are also lacking lots of features that I would like with DD-WRT. My current AE is Apple's most current version and it just seems to be failing. My wifi speeds get incredibly slow throughout the day and as soon as I reboot it, the speed somewhat gets better but then over time slows down again. I have tried the factory wipe and put my configuration back on it and that didn't help. I think it is just failing. I also have a older AE and a Airport Express that I use to extend the signal to all floors but that hasn't helped either. I can barely watch Netflix on an AppleTV one floor up and it lags a lot. I have Charter 60Mb/s speed going into the AE. Last night I speed tested on my iPhone and only got 0.9Mb/s down and after a reboot it only went to 2.3Mb/s down. That is not good.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2