Apple Music broke iTunes Match library?

innernet

Jul 1, 2015
Visit site
I should preface this by saying I have absolutely no interest in Apple Music, Spotify or any streaming services.

After upgrading to iOS 8.4 on my 128gb 6+, I was unable to access any of my music from iTunes Match that wasn't already on my phone. It was as though the only music available through iTunes Match was what was already on my phone.

After messing around with the settings, I opted to disable iCloud Music Library on the phone, deleted all saved songs and then re-enable it. This had a weird result; it started automatically downloading all the songs I previously had without asking me and I still have no access to the rest of my music.

Has anyone else run into this?

In the meantime (I'm traveling) I've installed Google Music because it appears to offer the same service as iTunes Match. I'd prefer using iTunes for my music as it seems to integrate better with this phone, but at this point I think I might be making the switch to Google Play Music as the service appears to be much better than Apple's offering, even on an iPhone.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice