My iPhone 4 is losing it's charge every day. Can it be repaired or do I have to buy a new phone?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: my iPhone 4 is losing it's charge every day. can it be repaired or do I have to buy a new phone?

You can try replacing the battery, but having said that, know that batteries degrade over time like anything else. Furthermore, are you using the device more than you used to? Are you in an area where there's a weak wireless signal?

kaths_hubby

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site
Re: my iPhone 4 is losing it's charge every day. can it be repaired or do I have to buy a new phone?

Another drawback to these devices besides their speaker woes is their battery life.It's not too difficult to change one if you just have patience and very good eye sight as the parts are really really small.Watch a few vids and read up on how to change it.If u don't feel cozy with it,take it too Apple for either cheap/free warranty repair or o.o.w. repair.If it's o.o.w.,I'd suggest a third party place as Apple is sure proud of their "Geniuses", and I use that term very loosely.....don't ask me why!!!

lackster2

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site

If you are at all mechanically inclined, you can buy a battery and install kit from iFixit.com . They also have videos showing how to do the changeout. Or, if you're in a large city, there are some aftermarket stores that can change the battery for you, at a nominal fee.

The iPhone 4 is quickly becoming outdated if you need to download any data; however, if the main purpose is as a PHONE, the battery swap is the cheapest solution if you want to stick with an Apple product. You might also check out trading up to a refurbished 4s model, as Apple will be supporting that for another year with the release of iOS 9 this fall.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods