FCC and FTC find ATT willfully mislead customers... NOW WHAT?

I

iMore Question

My question actually stems from the artificial limitation they've placed on their "UNLIMITED" data users. Apparently 44% of their clientele are still subscribed under this program, one that they've not offered in nearly 10 years. (I'm still an unlimited customer.)

So my QUESTION - and I've read threads here that seemed to have been moderated by ATT lackeys (please, if you have a horn to blow for the Corp team - please do not), my question is this - will the benefit become available now that the Gov't has taken up the fight?

I'm expecting to be able to make Wi-Fi and Data/Network calls, I'm expecting to be able to tether, I'm expecting to be able to connect my entire home to this one device...

Am I expecting too much?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You may indeed be asking too much. If AT&T 'willfully mislead customers' in regard to unlimited data as you've stated, it doesn't mean that they will be ordered to provide said customers with free benefits. More than likely (I have not studied the case, so I'm speculating), they may be forced to provide credits to the customers' accounts or something along those lines. They still have the right to offer services at a profit.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
My question actually stems from the artificial limitation they've placed on their "UNLIMITED" data users. Apparently 44% of their clientele are still subscribed under this program, one that they've not offered in nearly 10 years. (I'm still an unlimited customer.)

So my QUESTION - and I've read threads here that seemed to have been moderated by ATT lackeys (please, if you have a horn to blow for the Corp team - please do not), my question is this - will the benefit become available now that the Gov't has taken up the fight?

I'm expecting to be able to make Wi-Fi and Data/Network calls, I'm expecting to be able to tether, I'm expecting to be able to connect my entire home to this one device...

Am I expecting too much?

"... moderated by ATT lackeys"? Awesome. This is gonna be fun.

View attachment 83877

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234