An app that's no longer in the App Store no longer opens. Why?

I

iMore Question

I have a music downloader app that I downloaded Pre-iOS 8 on my 5C. After iOS 8 it was updated to a soundcloud downloader. The app is no longer in the App Store. I've had no problems with the app until yesterday I tried to open it and it crashes almost instantly. I tried restarting my phone and closing the app but nether worked. Any ideas?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: App no longer opens

The app is no longer in the store... That should be a clue... Delete it and move on...

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I have a music downloader app that I downloaded Pre-iOS 8 on my 5C. After iOS 8 it was updated to a soundcloud downloader. The app is no longer in the App Store. I've had no problems with the app until yesterday I tried to open it and it crashes almost instantly. I tried restarting my phone and closing the app but nether worked. Any ideas?

It's possible that the developer or Apple pulled it from the AppStore. It would not be the first time that happened.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I have several apps that have been pulled from the app store. Most are still in my purchased list. Some are not. But they all work. If it's broken, then the developer may have a new version to take it's place and wants to charge for what was previously a free app. I had that happen at the beginning of iOS 7.