how do i create an apple id?

I

iMore Question

I'm new to apple products and I have no knowledge of apple products. I got ipad from friend and after cleaning it out and restarting it, I tried to make my own apple id but I keep getting a message saying can't create some id because device is no longer eligible for a free account. What do I do? Someone please help!!!!

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm new to apple products and I have no knowledge of apple products. I got ipad from friend and after cleaning it out and restarting it, I tried to make my own apple id but I keep getting a message saying can't create some id because device is no longer eligible for a free account. What do I do? Someone please help!!!!

Apple IDs are always free. Try creating one using a different device and then putting the credentials in and signing in that way.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

All Apple mobile devices have a limit of 3 free email addresses to be created over its lifespan. When you get that message, it means that you (or the previous owners) have created three email addresses collectively. However, you can use ANY email address when creating an AppleID.

https://appleid.apple.com/account

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
All Apple mobile devices have a limit of 3 free email addresses to be created over its lifespan. When you get that message, it means that you (or the previous owners) have created three email addresses collectively. However, you can use ANY email address when creating an AppleID.

https://appleid.apple.com/account

I thought the limitation was 3 iCloud accounts. I have changed my Apple ID email address, but the account remained the same.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I thought the limitation was 3 iCloud accounts. I have changed my Apple ID email address, but the account remained the same.

The limitation is on CREATING NEW iCloud accounts using the iCloud email addresses. Once three new iCloud email addresses/accounts are created on a device, you can no longer create a NEW FREE account with a NEW FREE iCloud (icloud.com or me.com) email address. You can ALWAYS bring your own email address and create a new iCloud account on a device.

With 5 lines on my account and multiple devices (iPhones, iPad, iPods), I create email addresses from my personal domain for each device/person combination. There is no limit on those icloud accounts, at least none that I have yet encountered.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2