Using Verizon iPhone 4s in Canada? Do I need SIM card?

I

iMore Question

Hi,
I have a "cellasaurus" iPhone 4s. My contract is not up for renewal and a new phone for a few months and since it works fine I'm sticking with it till then. Here is my deal- I'm traveling from the U.S. to Canada soon, I called Verizon for their Canadian coverage while I am there- ok great got the info. The $30 is reasonable and smart to prevent insane roaming charges. But the woman I spoke to at customer service said that I'll need a SIM card added to the phone to travel to Canada. She directed me to an official Verizon wireless store where they'll add it for free. I get to the store and the guy tells me I don't need it. He said that SIM cards are only needed If I was traveling outside North America and thst the phone will work just fine in Canada. So who is right? I left the store without the SIM card but I'm second guessing all this and want to call Verizon another time for a firm answer. Thank you

Chrisy

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Canada has CDMA and well as GSM networks. You will be able to use your VZW phone as-is with the added Canadian plan no problem.

Alternatively, you have ask VZW to unlock the SIM for international travel and then buy a local pre-paid Canadian SIM to use while there.

You can go with the added Canadian plan from VZW, buy a local SIM or both.

How long will you be there?
Will you be using primarily data or voice?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR