Switching iPhones with my husband, 6 plus to 6.

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
My husband and I are on the same t-mobile plan. I chose a 6 plus and he chose a 6 when we switched from verizon. My husband is lazy about using his reading glasses, and I am just in the mood for a change so we decided to switch phones. I would like to do this myself, I am moderately tech literate. I have a retina Macbook Pro 13 inch 2015, but my husband doesn't have a profile on it for a whole other complicated set of reasons so I don't know how to do a real backup of his phone, although I believe it is in the cloud? He in particular wants to turn the 6 plus on and have everything be the same. Any advise would be appreciated so that I don't lose anything, especially of his as he is not at all techy and averse to change in general beyond the physical size. Thanks!

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Are you using a shared AppleID for store purchases?

Make sure there's a backup to iCloud done on both devices... And sync to iTunes on both.. Then go into Settings... General... Reset... Erase all content and settings... swap sim cards... reboot them... then proceed to set up and restore from the iCloud back-up and sync to iTunes.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
In addition to what kch50428 stated, be sure to remember to restore the backup you made with your iPhone 6 onto the iPhone 6 Plus and restore the backup that was made with the 6 Plus onto the iPhone 6 since you're swapping devices...:)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2