I have an iPhone iCloud locked and erased with a message from original owner.

According to Apple Support Webpage:
    "Click All Devices to open a list of devices linked to their account, then select the
    device to be removed. It should show a gray dot or the word Offline next to the
    device name."

Does that mean if the device is not Offline it cannot be removed? If that's true
    when it bacames Offline? After 24 hours since it was last turned on and connected
    to WiFi?

Or maybe because it was erased, an option to remove the device is available all the
    time?

Additional info:
    This iPhone is not stolen. I found it and after contacting the owner he let me keep
    it. I asked him to remove it and he is just not really in a rush to do so. I am trying to
    find out how the situation looks on his side.
    06-12-2015 04:16 AM
    If it's not stolen, contact Apple for assistance.
    06-12-2015 07:44 AM
    I have an iPhone iCloud locked and erased with a message from original owner.
    okay

According to Apple Support Webpage:
    "Click All Devices to open a list of devices linked to their account, then select the
    device to be removed. It should show a gray dot or the word Offline next to the
    device name."
    Okay

Does that mean if the device is not Offline it cannot be removed? If that's true
    when it bacames Offline? After 24 hours since it was last turned on and connected
    to WiFi?
    it means the device is still protected by the iCloud Activation lock and it will remain protected until the previous owner frees it up.

Or maybe because it was erased, an option to remove the device is available all the
    time?
    Just because someone used iTunes in an attempt to restore the device and set it as new doesn't mean the iCloud Activation lock has been bypassed because it hasn't.

Additional info:
    This iPhone is not stolen. I found it and after contacting the owner he let me keep
    it. I asked him to remove it and he is just not really in a rush to do so. I am trying to
    find out how the situation looks on his side.
    The process is quite simple. Once the device is protected with the iCloud Activation lock, anyone other than the user who initiated the lock will be unable to restore and use the device. In other words, you are not going to be able to use the device until the previous owner deactivates the iCloud Activation lock. Period.
    Last edited by Just_Me_D; 06-12-2015 at 08:48 AM.
    kgszoka likes this.
    06-12-2015 07:56 AM
    If it's not stolen, contact Apple for assistance.
    But how can I prove it is not stolen?
    06-12-2015 08:08 AM
    Apple would have to answer that question.
    06-12-2015 08:10 AM
    Apple would have to answer that question.
    Apple is not going to do anything in this regard. If the previous owner whose account the device is locked to will not take steps to deactivate the iCloud activation lock, the device will remain as-is infinitely.
    kgszoka likes this.
    06-12-2015 08:26 AM
    Only the previous owner can remove the lock.

Since no one here is the previous owner there's nothing that can be done here.

Prove to who it's not stolen?

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    06-12-2015 08:31 AM
    It doesn't matter if it's stolen or if the owner gave it to you for Christmas. You can't bypass the activation lock without the owner's help in doing so.

06-12-2015 08:42 AM
    Last paragraph sound like BS but I could be wrong.. iCloud lock doing its job and I love it !!
    06-12-2015 08:45 AM
    Everything is clear now. Just wanted to know if he is able to unlock the phone. It all depends now on the owner if he is willing to unlock it.
    Thanks.
    06-12-2015 08:47 AM
    Everything is clear now. Just wanted to know if he is able to unlock the phone.
    The person whose account is associated with the iCloud Activation lock can indeed remotely deactivate the device.
    It all depends now on the owner if he is willing to unlock it.
    Thanks.
    if you had purchased a new iPhone, and then lost it or had it stolen and then possibly discarded, would you unlock it for a complete stranger to use, without compensation and especially if you had to fork over more money to get it replaced?
    kgszoka likes this.
    06-12-2015 08:52 AM
    if you had purchased a new iPhone, and then lost it or had it stolen and then possibly discarded, would you unlock it for a complete stranger to use, without compensation and especially if you had to fork over more money to get it replaced?
    That's why first I asked him how can I return it to him. When he just couldn't decide on that I asked him if maybe he could sell it. Then he said I can just keep it. But I understand what you mean. He is under no obligation to do this for me. Yet there is an iPhone on my desk right now and if he doesn't want it back and use it, somebody else could.
    06-12-2015 09:15 AM
    To answer your question you cannot unlock without the owner's help.
    kgszoka likes this.
    06-12-2015 10:14 AM
    This iPhone is not stolen. I found it and after contacting the owner he let me keep it.
    Really?

"Here's your expensive phone that I found. It still works."

"It's OK, you keep my expensive phone."

O_o
    Not Quite Right likes this.
    06-12-2015 09:40 PM
    Really?

O_o
    Attachment 83188
    06-12-2015 09:47 PM
    Really?

O_o
    Nope. It's usually more complicated than that. Just not the point of my question.
    06-12-2015 11:38 PM
    Really?

O_o
    This made me smile ...
    06-13-2015 10:06 AM