AppleID change and Watch

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Okay, so I changed the email for my AppleID the other day, logged out of my iCloud for my MacBook, iPad, and iPhone, re logged in under my new email for AppleID, everything is fine. I get my Watch today and I can't use messages (which is mirrored from my iPhone) because it's asking me to log in to my AppleID and it's giving me the old email to login under. Not sure how to fix this, I'll keep looking in case I can figure it out before I get an answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I should also mention the Watch is logged in under the new email address, it is only messages that has this issue.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I should also mention the Watch is logged in under the new email address, it is only messages that has this issue.

Try un-pairing the Watch from your iPhone and then pair it again. Afterwards, set it up and see if you're able to use your new iCloud info with iMessage.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I found it, apparently AppleID for iMessage has its own login under the settings for messages. I got an email stating that iMessage was paired on my Watch so hopefully I get my messages now.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I found it, apparently AppleID for iMessage has its own login under the settings for messages. I got an email stating that iMessage was paired on my Watch so hopefully I get my messages now.

Yep. FaceTime too. I had the same issue and the pop ups were because I didn't do FaceTime.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro