What should I do with a locked iPhone 5S that was found?

I

iMore Question

Hi my stepmother found an iphone while tramping several months ago and did not think to mention or turn in as was covered in mud and unresponsive to charging. She thought it was a camera or ipod (LOL). We just cleaned and dried it. It is locked, has no service and was last used almost 10 months ago roughly judging by updates from some games the user played. It has no other info? How can I find the owner or what should I do with it????? Not familiar at all with iphone technology or smart phones in general??

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Locked iphone 5s found

What do you mean when you say it is locked? I assume the lock screen passcode isn't set being that you are able to see what games are on the device. What carrier is the phone associated with? You can contact the carrier, give them the serial number or IMEI number to see if the owner reported it lost or stolen. They *may* be able to help. You can also notify local police and file a found property report.

saragld

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
It is locked when I swipe down from top of screen it says events and it says "hungry shark, your shark needs feeding 3/9"
another says "Hay day, your farm animals are missing you 28/8"

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods