Purchased 6+ from a crazy lady. What are my options?

I

iMore Question

Has clean esn. She just won't add another phone to this number so I can use it. What are my options? Thanks in advance.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Go to an associated wireless provider and purchase your own wireless plan.

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
6+ is an active sprint phone. I also have an active sprint account. Sprint says they have to add a phone to the 6+ line before I can activate it onto my account. This lady refuses to do so. I'am still getting her text and phone calls

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
6+ is an active sprint phone. I also have an active sprint account. Sprint says they have to add a phone to the 6+ line before I can activate it onto my account. This lady refuses to do so. I'am still getting her text and phone calls

I wouldn't either if I were her. The deal is for the phone only. Getting service is your responsibility. Why won't you go ahead and add a line to your current plan? Why would you want the person you bought the phone from to add a line to her account and leave her responsible for it in case you bail out?

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
Ha I think you misunderstand. I have my own plan with sprint. I want to use the phone I purchased (6+) on my plan. Sprint will not let me activate said phone on to my account with sprint until SHE adds another phone to said phone line. She will not remove the phone that I purchased from her from her account. Therefore I can not activate it on MY account.

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
She won't disconect the phone is the problem. And now she won't answer. It is still active apparently she has another phone and this one is still receiving her calls and text.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Ha I think you misunderstand. I have my own plan with sprint. I want to use the phone I purchased (6+) on my plan. Sprint will not let me activate said phone on to my account with sprint until SHE adds another phone to said phone line. She will not remove the phone that I purchased from her from her account. Therefore I can not activate it on MY account.

Oh okay. I'm so sorry for misunderstanding...:)...Forgive me, please. I can only *assume* she purchased the phone on a subsidy and haven't fulfilled her obligation to Sprint. I'd get my money back, if I were you.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I got what you're saying. It's kind of stupid on her part because you can run up her bill and get her calls. Maybe she owes on the phone and she can't or won't pay it off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
Sprint says its paid off. She just needs to add a phone to that specific line. But she won't answer. My only option is the police but I doubt they can do much to her over this. Is there anyother way. Unlocking? Idk what els to do

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Sprint says its paid off. She just needs to add a phone to that specific line. But she won't answer. My only option is the police but I doubt they can do much to her over this. Is there anyother way. Unlocking? Idk what els to do

Then I'm at a loss. If the phone is paid off, why is Sprint demanding that she add the phone to a "specific line"? I'm missing something here. The phone will going from one Sprint account to another so I can't understand Sprint's objection. You might want to call Sprint customer service and either find out more or try to get them to see how they are benefitting by adding the phone to your account. The police can't really do anything in this regard because it's a civil matter unless they can prove she knew that you wouldn't be able to activate the phone on your own account.

Coachbulldog

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I got what you're saying. It's kind of stupid on her part because you can run up her bill and get her calls. Maybe she owes on the phone and she can't or won't pay it off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This was my first thought; if you're receiving her phone calls and text messages and the phone is still on her plan, I'm not sure why she wouldn't take care of this.

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
Im telling you this stuff is crazy. I tried to get my money back she said no it was my fault for being dumb and buying a phone before making sure you could get it on my line. This was 20 min after I purchased it. Her ex is on the account also. He has been helpful to an extent. He made sure the bill was paid but said he couldn't add an phone to the 6+ line because she changed the pass code.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Until the previous owner removes the phone from her account you're screwed... police may be of some help...

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Then I'm at a loss. If the phone is paid off, why is Sprint demanding that she add the phone to a "specific line"? I'm missing something here. The phone will going from one Sprint account to another so I can't understand Sprint's objection. You might want to call Sprint customer service and either find out more or try to get them to see how they are benefitting by adding the phone to your account. The police can't really do anything in this regard because it's a civil matter unless they can prove she knew that you wouldn't be able to activate the phone on your own account.

Probably because she is under contract, so sprint wants some phone active on the lady's line. Not sure why she would want to be without a phone, something seems fishy on her part.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Im telling you this stuff is crazy. I tried to get my money back she said no it was my fault for being dumb and buying a phone before making sure you could get it on my line. This was 20 min after I purchased it. Her ex is on the account also. He has been helpful to an extent. He made sure the bill was paid but said he couldn't add an phone to the 6+ line because she changed the pass code.

Was it that great of a deal that you didn't just get a 6P directly from Sprint? Or Apple?

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

kobe008

Feb 26, 2015
Visit site
Don't iphones use sim cards? If so cant you take her sim out and put your sim in? That's what I do whenever I get a new phone.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
WOW what a scam, I'm sorry OP. Let her know you would entertain filing a civil suit if against her for the cost of the device.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal