Can't create apple id: This device is no longer eligible for creating a free icloud ID

I

iMore Question

i tried to create an iCloud account on my iPhone,but it says this device is no more eligible for iCloud account. Device Is No Longer Eligible For Creating A Free Icloud Account How To Create On Iphone, How Do I Create An Apple Id If It Says " No Longer Eligible For Creating A Free Icloud Account "? It Says Account Limit Reached? what should i do?

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Actually, there is a limit of the number of free Apple ID accounts that can be associated with any single device. Once three accounts have been created on that device, you can't create any additional ones.

Presumably this is a second-hand (third party) device?

Mohammad al aneed

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
my friend i can help you with that, i did it my self on limit reached device and it worked, go to itunes on your pc and, create the apple id through it, you will find the option of pay method "NON" after reviewing the accoung

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
i tried to create an iCloud account on my iPhone,but it says this device is no more eligible for iCloud account. Device Is No Longer Eligible For Creating A Free Icloud Account How To Create On Iphone, How Do I Create An Apple Id If It Says " No Longer Eligible For Creating A Free Icloud Account "? It Says Account Limit Reached? what should i do?

There's a limit of three iCloud email addresses (xxx@mac.com, xxx@me.com, xxx@icloud.com). You can create an AppleID using ANY email address. Use an address from Yahoo, Outlook, GMail, etc...

Kirsty Wallington

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site

Khizer Hayat2

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
What if I make an Apple ID and my device is no longer eligible for creating a free iCloud account. What difference does it make? What will I miss in that case?

john kenneth amadar

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
guys can you help me to create an apple id acc. im trying to click the create account but there nothing happen on my iphone6s its clickable but it will not prompted you to create account help me please

Charlessssss

Jul 8, 2018
Visit site
Cant create apple id because of sever error

Why i cant create my own apple id?when i created my apple id..when i scrolled up,i see you cant create apple id.I tried this into apple site but like what i said they cannot create apple id beacause of server error

jimjiminyjim

Nov 17, 2018
Visit site
Why would this restriction apply when a person is specifically setting up an iCloud account for a child? The average family has some weird number like 1.7 children. What about the family with two parents and two children, or for the crazy ones like mine, four children? Or the even crazier ones I've encountered, perhaps you have too... with... a dozen??

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Why would this restriction apply when a person is specifically setting up an iCloud account for a child? The average family has some weird number like 1.7 children. What about the family with two parents and two children, or for the crazy ones like mine, four children? Or the even crazier ones I've encountered, perhaps you have too... with... a dozen??

The restriction of 3 iCloud accounts is per device. The child can have their own device and iCloud account.

jimjiminyjim

Nov 17, 2018
Visit site
The restriction of 3 iCloud accounts is per device. The child can have their own device and iCloud account.

Yes they can. Taking donations for an iPad each for my four under 13 year olds. Or they can use the family iMac with their own login, in order to learn to use tech creatively, occasionally share iMessages with cousins and family across the ocean in England on their own account, make projects and build a photo library and be able to transition to a device seamlessly later. I just realized that I’ve risen to your trolling. Yet I’m annoyed enough at your answer that a family with many children spend thousands of dollars we simply don’t have for devices for young children just to get an iCloud account when there is a perfectly usable computer siting there... that I’m hitting post anyway.

The point is: Apple should waive this restriction, at least to some degree, especially for children’s accounts.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Yes they can. Taking donations for an iPad each for my four under 13 year olds. Or they can use the family iMac with their own login, in order to learn to use tech creatively, occasionally share iMessages with cousins and family across the ocean in England on their own account, make projects and build a photo library and be able to transition to a device seamlessly later. I just realized that I’ve risen to your trolling. Yet I’m annoyed enough at your answer that a family with many children spend thousands of dollars we simply don’t have for devices for young children just to get an iCloud account when there is a perfectly usable computer siting there... that I’m hitting post anyway.

The point is: Apple should waive this restriction, at least to some degree, especially for children’s accounts.

I don't know about on a computer. I referred to on iOS devices. It it what it is. They limit the number of accounts per device to keep users from having too many free 5 gb storages in iCloud. Do you even know what trolling is? You have 2 posts on this forum. I've been here almost everyday helping users and sharing since 2013. If you don't like how Apple does things, get Android.

jimjiminyjim

Nov 17, 2018
Visit site
Good for you for helping people figure things out. My apologies. My comments are only because I like Apple and I think they should fix a problem, and figured when I found the answer to my problem that I should post a real world situation where it would make sense for them to do something differently. Carry on.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Good for you for helping people figure things out. My apologies. My comments are only because I like Apple and I think they should fix a problem, and figured when I found the answer to my problem that I should post a real world situation where it would make sense for them to do something differently. Carry on.

Yeah, but without restrictions, Apple opens itself up to fraudulent activity.

Chuck Finley69

Trusted Member
Mar 20, 2017
Visit site

I have perfected the art of handing down iPhones from oldest to youngest. We have always deleted the old user from device to add new user. When user gets newer device, why keep them on previous device they’ll never use again?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73