My iPhone 5S
    According to my iPhone the connection between my car and the phone is unsuccessful, but according to the car it has connected.
    Functionality of the phone has been successful but the contacts in my phone do not transfer over and I get all the symbols under the sun.
    I have rebooted, reset network settings and restored my phone, none of which work. Do I assume my handset is broken?
    05-26-2015 06:04 AM
    Make sure your car's audio system has the latest firmware available for it...you may need to see your car dealer.
    05-26-2015 07:36 AM
    My iPhone 5S
    According to my iPhone the connection between my car and the phone is unsuccessful, but according to the car it has connected.
    Functionality of the phone has been successful but the contacts in my phone do not transfer over and I get all the symbols under the sun.
    I have rebooted, reset network settings and restored my phone, none of which work. Do I assume my handset is broken?
    In addition to what you've already done, un-pair the phone from the car and delete the phone pairing info via the car's phone setup menu or whatever it is called in your vehicle. Afterwards, turn off the car and reboot the phone. After the phone has rebooted, turn on the car and pair your iPhone to it via the Bluetooth setup.
    05-26-2015 10:12 AM
    You can remove, reboot till death. The iPhone will not allow it. I just bought a new Honda Accord and It will not transfer. Called Apple they said no it will not do it. Another gotcha from your friends at Apple.
    08-22-2015 03:43 PM
    You can remove, reboot till death. The iPhone will not allow it. I just bought a new Honda Accord and It will not transfer. Called Apple they said no it will not do it. Another gotcha from your friends at Apple.
    What will not transfer? The contacts? Hmmm. In 'my' car, my contacts, call history and favorites download to my vehicle's infotainment system every time I connect to it via Bluetooth.
    Tartarus likes this.
    08-22-2015 03:48 PM
    go to the Bluetooth settings, click the i next to your car and turn on the option to share contacts.
    Tartarus likes this.
    08-22-2015 04:16 PM
    Try transfering your contacts from your SIM to your device. I had the same problem and realised I had added a contact and somehow all the contacts were transfered to SIM.
    12-02-2016 03:20 PM
    Go to settings. Go to Bluetooth

Find the vehicle you are trying to sync with. There may be more than one. Hit that one. The circled I. Make sure sync contacts is on.

This is for an I phone
    12-12-2017 01:38 PM