Is there an easy way to sync photos between an iPad and and a MacBook?

I

iMore Question

I have the latest OS installed on an ipad air and OS 10.3.3 on a 2010 macbook pro.

Is there an easy way of syncing photos between the two devices? What I want to be able to do is organise my photos (which have been taken by the ipad or downloaded from a camera) on my ipad into albums. I then want to be able to sync the photos and albums to the macbook. I do not want to do this thru icloud.

On the macbook, I would like to be able to edit the photos, delete some, add some (from other sources), reorganise photos in the albums then export the final result back to the ipad.

I have tried this thru Photos but cannot achieve the result I want ? album structures are not maintained from one device to another.

In Photos I gather I have to do all edits, deletes, etc in Camera Roll and these changes get reflected in the albums. But as I said, changes on one device do not seem to be transferred to the other device.

Are there any alternative apps (preferably free) that allow this fairly basic manipulation to be done?

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I believe the problem you are going to have is finding a free application that will run on iOS and OS X which also manages pictures the way “you” want.

Hopefully someone else will have a recommendation.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I know of nothing free like that. For free, you could use cloud based apps like Box, Dropbox and OneDrive. But you want them on the iPad photo library.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods