Wh won't my weather app on my iphone recognize my city anymore?

I

iMore Question

My weather app on my iphone used to recognse my city (I live in Taupo, New zealand 3330) but doesn't find it in the search anymore. It used to be in there but the data stopped refreshing last monday and when I deleted the local cities to tidy up my list it now no longer comes up in any search. Help! The only name it comes up with in the search is Taupont France. It is not even recognising bigger cities which are close by.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: My weather app on my iphone used to recognse my city

Does the Maps app locate you correctly? If you turned off location based services, or disallowed the Weather app from using your current location it could be a factor.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: My weather app on my iphone used to recognse my city

Which weather app are you referring to?

spart13

May 22, 2015
Visit site
The maps app locates me perfectly! So I don't think it is that. Its only when I type in Taupo in the search city that it doesn't come up with an option, or anoption for cities nearby. The weather app was the one which was installed onthe phone when I got it

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The maps app locates me perfectly! So I don't think it is that. Its only when I type in Taupo in the search city that it doesn't come up with an option, or anoption for cities nearby. The weather app was the one which was installed onthe phone when I got it

Are you including your zip code? Is it the first in the list? The first in the list is usually the current location that uses GPS.

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
If you're referring to Taupo, New Zealand, the stock Weather app finds it when I do a search. (I'm using iPhone 6 Plus running iOS 8.3.)

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro