I dropped my iPhone 5C, no cracks, but screen doesn't turn on. What can I do?

I

iMore Question

hello this is my first time here and unfortunately, I dropped my iPhone about two feet high screen first and I didn't think it'd be that bad because it was a wooden living room floor. At first sight, there were absolutely no scratches. BUT I was on an app and then everything turned white and had verticals lines which eventually faded out.

Then, the screen wouldn't work, it's black. When I press the on button a slight bit of light appears barely, but everything else like sound, Siri, charging works. This makes me angry because only the screen wouldn't work even without scratches.

I entered DFU mode but it didn't seem to help. I also connected to my computer to back it up but it said that I needed to enter a passcode...

Please help me! I'm worried I might lose a lot of my info that I really think is special to me... :(

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: Dropped iPhone 5c, no cracks, but screen doesn't turn on.

Even though the screen isn't damaged, you may have damaged something on the inside. Your best bet is to take the device to an Apple Store or an authorized repair center.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: Dropped iPhone 5c, no cracks, but screen doesn't turn on.

Once your device is fixed or replaced, you might want to set it up for automatic backups. It's a nice safety net

H3aTeRzz

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
Hi, it sounds as though your LCD/digitizer has probably been damaged. My advice to you would be to take it to a local repair shop, or send it to an Apple service center.

The below video will give you an idea about what it will take to change it.

Check out this video on YouTube:

http://youtu.be/rgkPsgYt5OU

Good Luck!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2