How long to I need to charge a new apple watch?

I

iMore Question

I have a brand new apple watch
How long do I need to charge it

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
How long to I need to charge a new apple watch

When mine arrived, it nearly had a full battery charge. I may have charged it an hour. Anyway, to answer your question, there is no set time you "need" to charge it. I usually charge it overnight like i do with my iPhone, although it doesn't need it.

ela1n3ko

May 5, 2015
Visit site
Re: How long to I need to charge a new apple watch

What I do when I get a new phone or device is to flush out the battery. My friend that used to work for a phone store recommended me to flush out my battery for the first 2 weeks or so. He told me to charge my battery until my device turns off and then to fully charge it. This will make the battery last longer in the future. I also heard that its not good to charge anything overnight because you are overcharging the battery.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

What I do when I get a new phone or device is to flush out the battery. My friend that used to work for a phone store recommended me to flush out my battery for the first 2 weeks or so. He told me to charge my battery until my device turns off and then to fully charge it. This will make the battery last longer in the future. I also heard that its not good to charge anything overnight because you are overcharging the battery.

You've heard wrong. You don't have to "flush" and charging overnight is OK. The phone knows when to stop. You won't overcharge.

Adam Brown22

May 9, 2015
Visit site

This may have been true a few years ago but now batteries don't have a "memory" so overnight charges are fine. Also, letting your device die isn't always the best policy. Getting it to about 20% or a little lower is good to re-charge because of life cycles. The less stress you put on the battery the better, and the fewer life cycles it goes thru the better batteries now-a-days will last and retain charge.

Also, good rule of thumb, don't use a device while its charging for prolonger periods of time. The occasional check or use if fine but I find with my wife's phone she uses it plugged in all the time and her battery lasts about 6 hrs where I don't do that and I can still get about 48+ hrs on my iPhone 6. Just some simple things I follow.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh