My internet connection is lost when I leave my home and go other places. How do I get it back?

I

iMore Question

I had no trouble with internet connection when I traveled away from my home for two years. Suddenly, I can't connect to the internet. Other people around me are connecting fine, but my phone says no connection and no WiFi. My WiFi is on. I must have hit a setting somehow and turned something off. What is it that I need to turn back on?

hhashimi

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
Go to settings General-Rest then choose Reset network settings.
This will reset all your network settings and you'll be required to enter the password for any previous networks you where connecting with previously

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I had no trouble with internet connection when I traveled away from my home for two years. Suddenly, I can't connect to the internet. Other people around me are connecting fine, but my phone says no connection and no WiFi. My WiFi is on. I must have hit a setting somehow and turned something off. What is it that I need to turn back on?

Check:

Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data > [ON]

niccolom

Apr 3, 2022
Visit site
Go to settings General-Rest then choose Reset network settings.
This will reset all your network settings and you'll be required to enter the password for any previous networks you where connecting with previously

Also works for Android phones. Screwed up connections with Android Play for my car and was unable to connect to internet. Spent half-a-day trying to sort it out and found the above posting. Followed the instructions and "Presto!!" I'm connected. Thanks!!