How do I upload photos to Facebook from the new Photos for Mac?

Serenity Caldwell

Managing Editor
Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
From iMore's Photo Help email:

"I?ve been searching without success, trying to find out how to upload pictures from the new Photos app that replaced iPhoto on my Mac with the latest upgrade. FB can?t find any pictures that I?ve saved since the upgrade. I can upload photos ?to" FB from the new Photos app but I?m not able to change my cover picture or upload a picture in a comment on someone?s page unless I use a picture that I?ve previously uploaded to FB from the Photos app.

I feel like I?m talking in circles! Bottom line, I just want to be able to ?add photo? while on Facebook but so far haven?t figured out how to do it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!"

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
In Safari, on FB - I click the obvious places to add a photo and get a Finder-like window where on the left, under 'Media' I can select 'Photos' - and everything appears to the right of the sidebar, and photos are selectable... As to albums, etc - on Safari/Facebook - that behaves for me like it always has to make an album, rearrange, pick key picture, etc...

Rod Stamm

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
I have the exact same problem trying to upload photos to Facebook. I have attempted everything I can think of without success. I can upload numerous photos, but it always puts them in the last album I uploaded, no matter what I try. Any ideas?

danbohan9

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site
I liked kch50428?s answer and it led my in the right direction. One other thing I had to do was to scroll down to find ?Media? because it didn?t show up at first.

rpr564

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Your answer solved the problem for me. I've been unable to upload pictures to Facebook using the new Photos app ever since it appeared. Thank you so much!

gherrick2

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
I am trying to learn how to use the Mac OS X Photos app to upload photos to my Facebook page, that is, within the Photos app [v.1.5], not when logged into my FB account. I recall, probably from iPhotos daze, that I could do that, but no more.

Not to cloud the primary issue, but I have an entire Photos album of 23 photos that I'd like to post.

Scrapper56

Oct 10, 2016
Visit site
Go to your album, and at the top of the page is an icon that looks like a square with an arrow pointing up. Click on that icon for a list of options to use in sharing your photos. Facebook is one of the options.

GinaVF

Dec 12, 2016
Visit site
My issue: I create an album in Photos. Then go Facebook to upload the album I just made. Note: I'm not trying to upload to my personal
FB PAGE. I''m trying to upload to a FB group/business page (not sure if that matters). Anyway, I hit "Create Album" button which takes me to my files. I select PHOTOS under Media drop down and the album I just created is not listed so I can not access it. However... if I wait a few days, it sometimes will appear. It's crazy! I go to PHOTOS and it's there, but for some reason it won't let me access it when trying to upload. Is there an access setting I need to deselect? Thank you to anyone who understands what I just typed! LOL!

richardh99

Nov 11, 2017
Visit site
GinaVF, I have this problem too.

Firstly, Apple Photos is like iTunes - they're both databases. Each photo is a blob inside the database, so it is invisible to the file system. Facebook etc can only see the files in the file system. It cannot see inside the database of photos, so it can't find anything.

Apple Photos will only help you send a photo to your own Facebook page, using the icon that looks like a box with an arrow pointing up.

However, as you found, it cannot send a photo to a Facebook page that is not your own.

The work-around is to EXPORT the photo you need from Apple Photos to a file folder like "Desktop". This creates a separate file for the picture, and Facebook can see that file. Using Facebook, you can then import that file.

Gevorg

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
GinaVF, I have this problem too.

Firstly, Apple Photos is like iTunes - they're both databases. Each photo is a blob inside the database, so it is invisible to the file system. Facebook etc can only see the files in the file system. It cannot see inside the database of photos, so it can't find anything.

Apple Photos will only help you send a photo to your own Facebook page, using the icon that looks like a box with an arrow pointing up.

However, as you found, it cannot send a photo to a Facebook page that is not your own.

The work-around is to EXPORT the photo you need from Apple Photos to a file folder like "Desktop". This creates a separate file for the picture, and Facebook can see that file. Using Facebook, you can then import that file.

They complicate everything.... it gets worse using mac photos app

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711