Why am I still unable to delete multiple contacts on my iPhone using Groups app?

I

iMore Question

I've used Groups app to multiple delete contacts on my iPhone but the contacts have not been deleted from my contacts on the phone. I thought that Groups app was meant to do this?

spirulina

May 11, 2015
Visit site
I looked up iMore to specifically find out how best to do this and followed instructions to download the free Groups app - and it said in the article that it should also delete the contacts held in the iPhone - but it hasn't done this.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I looked up iMore to specifically find out how best to do this and followed instructions to download the free Groups app - and it said in the article that it should also delete the contacts held in the iPhone - but it hasn't done this.

I assume the article via the following link is the one you're referring to?

How to delete multiple contacts at once from your iPhone | iMore

[h=2]How to delete multiple contacts from your iPhone all at once[/h]
  1. Download the Groups app to your iPhone from the App Store — Free - [URL="https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/groups/id407855546?mt=8&at=10l3Vy]Download Now[/URL]
  2. Launch the Groups app on your iPhone.
  3. Grant Groups access to your contacts when prompted.
  4. Go through your contacts and mark the ones you'd like to delete by tapping on the circle outline to the left of their name.
  5. Tap Actions at the top.
  6. Tap on Delete contacts... in the popup menu.
  7. Tap on Remove from my iPhone! in order to confirm.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2