Any idea what could be causing these huge chunks of data?

I

iMore Question

Have an iPhone 6, about 1 month old now.

Data has been a mystery since day one on the phone.

Over the past week, I've had an hour or two during the day where I've used 200MB to 3GB or greater in an hour (according to My Data Mgr app). Luckily most of this is wifi data, but each of these have also occurred at times I've not been using my phone.

I have auto-play turned off in Facebook, I'm not streaming music, video's or otherwise. I restart the phone almost daily (and those restarts don't connect with the sudden data appetite of the phone)

I called Verizon as I'm worried about these happening on cellular data, and about the usage equalling my now larger data plan oddly. That was as effective as talking with a stone wall.

Anyone have ideas?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Go through each and every setting on the phone including app settings, and pay close attention to what apps (especially social networking apps) have access to the following:

1. Location services
2. Cellular data
3. Background app refresh

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Go to Settings >Cellular >Scroll down to reset statistics >Tap to reset, then keep up with how much is used in relation to what you do. When off wifi, Facebook is a killer as is using the camera/video and FaceTime.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73