Why is Safari not able to connect to the internet?

I

iMore Question

I checked my settings, safari is not restricted, I am connected to the internet, I am no on airplane mode, also iTunes or the app store is not working either. I have reset my network settings, still the same issue. I reset my phone to factory settings, and I reset my router, still no solution. The app Kik works fine, everything else cant connect. At this point I have no clue what is wrong.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Are you receiving mail and iMessages?

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Try a hard reset. Hold the top power/sleep button and the home button at the same time until the Apple logo appears, then release.
If that doesn't work, try Reset Network Settings.
Reset Network Settings
Settings>General>Reset>Tap Reset Network Settings. You may need to enter your wifi passcode back in afterwards.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I checked my settings, safari is not restricted, I am connected to the internet,
How are you connected to the internet and on what device are you connected?
I am no on airplane mode, also iTunes or the app store is not working either.
Is both Wi-Fi and cellular data enabled on the device?
I have reset my network settings, still the same issue. I reset my phone to factory settings, and I reset my router, still no solution.
If you've "reset" your device is okay as long as the current installed iOS version is not corrupted. Having said that, you should do a clean install.
The app Kik works fine, everything else cant connect. At this point I have no clue what is wrong.
Did you download Kik from the App Store or via 3rd-party source?

vic_vee

May 4, 2015
Visit site
I am not connected to any cellular network, so this only happens over wifi. Ive tried other wifi connections and it still doesn't work, so it cant be the router.

vic_vee

May 4, 2015
Visit site
I cant send mail or messages, nor do I receive any

Try hard reset.
Didn't work,nor did resetting network. Thanks for the suggestion

How are you connected to the internet and on what device are you connected?
I'm connected through wifi at home, I don't use 3G since im not connected to a service. Im on an iphone 4

If you've "reset" your device is okay as long as the current installed iOS version is not corrupted. Having said that, you should do a clean install.
What do you mean by a clean install?

Did you download Kik from the App Store or via 3rd-party source?
I got Kik from the App store before things started acting up

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Clean install = restore with fresh copy of OS in iTunes. Possibly restoring as new.

gfederline9

Banned
Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
I cant send mail or messages, nor do I receive any

Didn't work,nor did resetting network. Thanks for the suggestion

I'm connected through wifi at home, I don't use 3G since im not connected to a service. Im on an iphone 4

What do you mean by a clean install?

I got Kik from the App store before things started acting up

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

So, you are having this issue only on Wi-Fi, or on the cellular network, too?

Try a hard reset. Hold the top power/sleep button and the home button at the same time until the Apple logo appears, then release.
If that doesn't work, try Reset Network Settings.
Reset Network Settings
Settings>General>Reset>Tap Reset Network Settings. You may need to enter your wifi passcode back in afterwards.

How are you connected to the internet and on what device are you connected? Is both Wi-Fi and cellular data enabled on the device? If you've "reset" your device is okay as long as the current installed iOS version is not corrupted. Having said that, you should do a clean install. Did you download Kik from the App Store or via 3rd-party source?

iphone 4 has a lot of problem since 2015 march

i still have a iPhone 4 in my working desk as a backup phone , iPhone 4 keep restarting , lag, freeze , keep restarting , safari cannot load anything , sometimes it works , sometimes it don't , i m taking it to apple store soon

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
It's normal for the iPhone 4 to be a little buggy on iOS 7 and 8. If you're on either, it may help to do these things.
To help your 4 run as smooth as possible, try these suggestions.
1. Leave 20% or more of your internal storage space free. This helps to not constrain the system.
2. Get rid of unnecessary features. Yeah, some are cool, but they will bog down an older model phone.
3. Disable transparency effects. Toggle on "Increase Transparency" in Accessibility.
4. Toggle off "Background App Refresh".
Good luck.

vic_vee

May 4, 2015
Visit site
iphone 4 has a lot of problem since 2015 march

i still have a iPhone 4 in my working desk as a backup phone , iPhone 4 keep restarting , lag, freeze , keep restarting , safari cannot load anything , sometimes it works , sometimes it don't , i m taking it to apple store soon

When you do, do you mind sharing what they say? I would like to know whats wrong with mine, and yours seems to have similar problems, though I'm unable to make a trip.

gfederline9

Banned
Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
When you do, do you mind sharing what they say? I would like to know whats wrong with mine, and yours seems to have similar problems, though I'm unable to make a trip.

Sure , it not 100% of the time don't work
I would say 50% 50% , Safari cannot load Internet , I have experience it ,

but when I pull the SIM card out and put te SIM card into my iPhone 5s , everything works well , I have Internet

I remember back in 2013 to 2014 December , the iPhone 4 works well , even with 3G it is like 60% of the LTE speed today ,

haha , I have been to Apple Store asking about why 3G data speed become slow after 2014 December , the apple staff actually told me : well I think the mobile boardband company is actually pushing people to buy LTE phone and use LTE , they are actually making 3G phone data speed slow to push people to buy LTE phone .

he told me he remember back in 2012 , 2013 , 2014 Q1 and Q2 , 3G data speed is still pretty quick , but it suddenly get very slow after 2015 LOL

vic_vee

May 4, 2015
Visit site
Sure , it not 100% of the time don't work
I would say 50% 50% , Safari cannot load Internet , I have experience it ,

but when I pull the SIM card out and put te SIM card into my iPhone 5s , everything works well , I have Internet

I remember back in 2013 to 2014 December , the iPhone 4 works well , even with 3G it is like 60% of the LTE speed today ,

haha , I have been to Apple Store asking about why 3G data speed become slow after 2014 December , the apple staff actually told me : well I think the mobile boardband company is actually pushing people to buy LTE phone and use LTE , they are actually making 3G phone data speed slow to push people to buy LTE phone .

he told me he remember back in 2012 , 2013 , 2014 Q1 and Q2 , 3G data speed is still pretty quick , but it suddenly get very slow after 2015 LOL

So apple may be responsible for this? That is quite aggrivating

gfederline9

Banned
Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
So apple may be responsible for this? That is quite aggrivating

well 1 thing pretty sure is , remember back in 2007 , 2008 , 2009 , 2010 , 2011 . 2012 , 2013 iPhone 3GS and 4 still run fast right ? then why is it after iOS 7 update , after 2014 June , iPhone 4 start to get slow ?

The hardware is the same , we didn't put high demand working loads on the phone , we just browsing simple Internet , a lot of times not even using Internet , just scrolling left and right , switching from setting app to photos , keyboard, then why is it get so lagging and slow

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR