Hi, I dropped my iphone 6 and the screen broke a little, so we changed the screen and digitizer and we used my old home button because I know its specific for finger touch ID. Also the home button was in good condition. my finger id was working even when the glass was broken,
    After changing, somehow my finger touch is not working, everything seems fine, the screen looks good, the camera, the music. everything works fine except the finger touch, its like the phone doesn't see my finger at all, and when I want to go to set up the touch ID in touch id section the options are inactive. I can't click on it.
    Its like the phone doesn't have the finger touch id at all.
    Does anyone know why? Thanks for your help.
    thanks
    04-29-2015 06:55 PM
    Hmmm, if you think you put the device back together perfectly, try resetting "All Settings" to see if TouchID resets to its default state.
    04-29-2015 06:58 PM
    thanks I know I put everything correct. I don't want to reset because I will lose things that I can't afford to lose.
    04-29-2015 07:21 PM
    thanks I know I put everything correct. I don't want to reset because I will lose things that I can't afford to lose.
    Selecting the "Reset All Settings" option does not delete anything from the device. It will only reset "settings" to their native state, unlike the "Erase All Contents and Settings" option that will delete all of your pics, music, data from the device. Anyway, I understand your hesitation. By the way, I hope you're creating backups of your device just in case...
    04-29-2015 07:29 PM
    not really:-( just the photos. my phone is j...l. br.....en.
    04-29-2015 07:53 PM
    Hi, I just want to let you know that I did "Reset all settings" eventually but it didn't help, my finger ID touch is still not working. the setup icon is inactive.
    under touch ID, I cant select on finger to set up its not clickable. it seems like a program or something is missing. i get this message below.

"Failed -- Unable to complete Touch ID setup. Please go back and try again." i also rebooted 100 times. nothing has been working.
    05-04-2015 01:08 PM
    I'm still leaning towards an issue with hardware/repair.

Follow along with me:

1. It worked perfectly.
    2. You dropped your phone and broke the screen "a little".
    3. You disassembled the phone.
    4. You replaced the screen.
    5. You reassembled the phone.
    6. Now TouchID doesn't work.

IMO, it's highly unlikely that it's a software issue.
    05-04-2015 01:13 PM
    yep
    that's exactly what happened. everything else works fine beside the touch id. and we used the original home button. we just changed the screen. the crack that I had was mostly on the top. I tried pretty much everything. its like my phone totally deleted the finger touch id program or something.
    Also I am new to sites like this, what does IMO mean?
    05-05-2015 02:38 PM
    IMO= In My Opinion

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    05-05-2015 03:03 PM