Does the Apple Watch Workout App Steal the GPS?

kmerenda

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
Normally I use "Map My Fitness" on iPhone when I run. For my first day with Apple Watch, I started the workout app on the watch, and then started the workout inside of Map My Fitness, then put the phone to sleep and into my pocket.

Map My Fitness normally maps my entire run, but not this time. Each time I checked the phone, it was like it was just getting my location data for the first time. It ignored this big chunk of my run around the track. Once I noticed the problem, I waited until I was at the far end of the track, then I opened map my fitness. When I did, the map drew a straight line across the middle of the park to my current location, rather than reflecting my actual route. At the end of the run, the distance was way off.

Map My Fitness only showed that I ran 1.17 miles, but the watch Workout app showed the full 4.25 miles. It seemed as if the workout app would not share the GPS unit's data.

I like the workout app, but I have to use Map My Fitness because it dumps its data to my health insurance provider, and they provide incentives for exercise.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2