How can I search the calendar app for events before 1 year ago?

edgauthier

Dec 28, 2017
Visit site
Just came across this thread from a year ago. I was trying to do the same, and finally was able to do so using Fantastical on the iPhone (which matches the screenshot shared above). Figured I’d post this in case anyone else came across this thread looking for a solution.

rsldsl

Jan 23, 2018
Visit site
Search iOS calendar for prior years events

I managed to get Siri to “look up my Year 2016 calendar for xxxx”. There were 3 events. I also had Siri do “look up my 2017 calendar” which there should have been 3, 1 in Jan 2017, but only showed 2 for April & July.
Since this is Jan 2018 I’m guessing look up only goes 2 yrs. Bad news bcuz I need to file a grievance for which I need all xxxx events several yrs back.

Last edited:

DL16

Mar 2, 2018
Visit site
I am also frustrated with the lack off a past events searching facility on the mobile Apple Calendar app. Fortunately, I can use the Calendar search without constraint on my iMac and MacBook Pro as all events sync via iCloud.

Clockel13

Jun 15, 2018
Visit site
Yes, this thread needs to still be alive in mid 2018!! This is a problem for me! I recently had my MacBook Pro stolen, I bought an iPad to replace it and now am unable to search my calendar as I could on my laptop. Apple support could not understand what I was explaining so I will call back and refer them to this.
I kept all notes on meetings etc., both professional and personal (doctors ie.) on my calendar, so this is a disaster!! Before my laptop was stolen, I thought I had an iPhone problem because even though I did have “all events” chosen for the calendar I still couldn’t search beyond a year on my iphone. But everything else synced just fine. And the information is there and available, going back to 2012, but I can’t query it like I could on the MacBook Pro. And I have no idea of what years years or dates to search to go look through to go find entries. I have always just typed in a name or any words that tied to an entry and all the entries that matched would come up. I really counted on it to BE my memory and a second brain. I purposely bought my first Mac after a bad accident. It was great! I had notes of things no one else could remember!! I guess I either return this IPad or get some answers from Apple Support - has anyone bothered to call them? It is a free service these days- not like before - call 1800 my apple. :)

rsldsl

Jan 23, 2018
Visit site
Yes, this thread needs to still be alive in mid 2018!! This is a problem for me! I recently had my MacBook Pro stolen, I bought an iPad to replace it and now am unable to search my calendar as I could on my laptop. Apple support could not understand what I was explaining so I will call back and refer them to this.
I kept all notes on meetings etc., both professional and personal (doctors ie.) on my calendar, so this is a disaster!! Before my laptop was stolen, I thought I had an iPhone problem because even though I did have “all events” chosen for the calendar I still couldn’t search beyond a year on my iphone. But everything else synced just fine. And the information is there and available, going back to 2012, but I can’t query it like I could on the MacBook Pro. And I have no idea of what years years or dates to search to go look through to go find entries. I have always just typed in a name or any words that tied to an entry and all the entries that matched would come up. I really counted on it to BE my memory and a second brain. I purposely bought my first Mac after a bad accident. It was great! I had notes of things no one else could remember!! I guess I either return this IPad or get some answers from Apple Support - has anyone bothered to call them? It is a free service these days- not like before - call 1800 my apple. :)

I’m sorry ur hv’g probs & this is frustrating. Not Finding iOS calendar events over a yr ago on iPhone/iPad is a design issue for which u can submit an enhancement request. U didn’t lose ur important event notes- they’re still n iCloud. And to help u now u’ll need a diff calendar app. I also needed past yrs events of my “memory” to file a grievance against a dr. I use Fantastical (as someone else suggested) to get prior yrs; It has high ratings & good support. I still keep using iOS Calendar app & sync it w Fantastical =best of both worlds.

pink2

Jun 4, 2008
Visit site
Thank you everyone who recommended Fantastical. I had the same issue with not being able to search back more than a year ( had to prove I had seen a dr within the past 10 years and had in 2010 ) I could see the event in the calendar ( found the actual date from the dr office ) but it would not come up in the search. Downloaded Fantastical and all appts with that dr showed up.

This is a feature iOS should have. What if you track Tetanus shots, or other events that don’t happen every year?

Anyway thanks for pointing me in the right direction for an app that will do this. And it was on sale today too!

Ligia Kogos

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
You hsve to download CALVETICA CALENDAR
After IOS 13, is the only app calendar that allows you to search back and forward unlimitedly
To search everything click the gear icon and click “ everything” ou narrow to a shorter period of time
This is the most precious tool in a calendar app to me
It syncs with IOS Native calendar , WeekCal , and others

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
You hsve to download CALVETICA CALENDAR
After IOS 13, is the only app calendar that allows you to search back and forward unlimitedly
To search everything click the gear icon and click “ everything” ou narrow to a shorter period of time
This is the most precious tool in a calendar app to me
It syncs with IOS Native calendar , WeekCal , and others

Welcome to iMore! It’s interesting that your very first post here is recommending a calendar app in a thread that hasn’t been active for a year. Putting that aside, your claim that it’s the only calendar app that allows you to view calendar entries “unlimitedly” is false. I use Fantastical 2, for example, and it will sync as far back as I need it to.

carbits

May 19, 2021
Visit site
Well…it’s now 2021 and this problem/thread is still relevant! I recently upgraded to the new iPhone 12 from a 6 and I can only search back thru my Calendar history up until May 2020 while my old phone went back to 2015. The curious thing is, if I ask Siri to look up my 2015 calendar (a great tip I picked up here on an earlier reply!) it will bring up the data but when I click on an entry it goes away. Any new guidance here other than downloading a supplementary app? Thanks in advance.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner